No corner worth #10 pick (1 Viewer)

Jenkins is a late 1st round pick. I have no idea why people think he's a top 10 pick.

I like the way Lofton and Highsmith play the game and their production much more than Rivers.

If Lofton or Highsmith can run a 4.4-4.6 they will garner serious consideration at the 10th spot.

Both LB and CB are deep classes so lets sign Cory Williams and then target these positions n a big way.

Jenkins is a late 1st round pick. I have no idea why people think he's a top 10 pick.

LOL!

Hell, you may be right, but I'd be shocked if he made it to the second half of the round.

Let's see, hmm. I'll bet he goes 10th, if he lasts that long. Just my guess of course.

ddd

if you're going to pick a LB in the first go for Lofton..he is better than rivers, and one of the best in the draft.
his stock will skyrocket to a top 20 pick after the combine, so why not make a reach for him.

No one knows where the corners will be slotted right now... the only guy who is a consensus first rounder is Jenkins. Everyone else is either the flavor of the moment or falling because of the lack of exposure in the offseason.

Some of ya'll need to stop buying into the hype and look into the actual game tapes. Mckelvin was a 1 year standout with 4 ints in 4 years and Cromartie has never played top level competition. Jenkins has all the tools including speed that so many people put value into... this guy has been standing out for more than just ONE year while playing against some good competition and the only credible prospect with the skillset of Cromartie and Mckelvin and sub 4.4 speed.

No one knows where the corners will be slotted right now... the only guy who is a consensus first rounder is Jenkins. Everyone else is either the flavor of the moment or falling because of the lack of exposure in the offseason.

Some of ya'll need to stop buying into the hype and look into the actual game tapes. Mckelvin was a 1 year standout with 4 ints in 4 years and Cromartie has never played top level competition. Jenkins has all the tools including speed that so many people put value into... this guy has been standing out for more than just ONE year while playing against some good competition and the only credible prospect with the skillset of Cromartie and Mckelvin and sub 4.4 speed.

I like Mike Jenkins as well. He just looks and plays like an elite corner. I, personally, think Mike Jenkins is the #1 corner in this draft.

I don't care whose rated first but I do have a problem with people rating these great corners like they are some chump who have done nothing in their career and doesn't have the skillset to translate into the NFL. They over analyze these prospects because they have trouble finding credible flaws with these player while hyping these unproven talent who has even bigger question marks.

Cason for example, everyone is putting the guy down becuase of his speed and yet no one has timed his 40 since high school where he had a disease that affected his knee and shins. This is a guy who will run faster at the combine and looks faster than 4.6 while playing in a over aggressive blitz scheme which leaves him on an island most of the time. He was targeted 73 times in 2007 and only 23 passes were completed for 2 tds while he had 5 ints and 14 broken up passes. Consider how much they shy away from him, he had 71 tackles. and yet he's nothing more than a mid round talent.

you all high on CB, but no matter what cornerback is thrown back there, you will all call them a bust, because of the lack of QB Pressure. Any decent qb can slaughter the best cb's when given time. Except maybe Deion in his prime.. but even he was beaten a few times by saint's qb's, granted he made us pay more times than I'd like to remember.
WE MUST get some DL that can generate pressure with just the front 4, and some LEGIT LB's AS mentioned on another link, if both your safeties have 96 tackles, you have problems elsewhere... And that would be in the LB core. and DT,
I think the team had grant and smith gain weight to make up for the middle of the line last season because of the run defense was so awful the year before. That costed us in pass defense.
I'm not saying a top notch corner wouldnt' help, but they won't fix it as much as a 3t, a rush end, or MLB and OLB.
Our corners are known for being help in run support.. that distinction should not be needed if the Front 7 did it's job. And then the corners would be able to concentrate on the pass defense.

I don't care whose rated first but I do have a problem with people rating these great corners like they are some chump who have done nothing in their career and doesn't have the skillset to translate into the NFL. They over analyze these prospects because they have trouble finding credible flaws with these player while hyping these unproven talent who has even bigger question marks.

Cason for example, everyone is putting the guy down becuase of his speed and yet no one has timed his 40 since high school where he had a disease that affected his knee and shins. This is a guy who will run faster at the combine and looks faster than 4.6 while playing in a over aggressive blitz scheme which leaves him on an island most of the time. He was targeted 73 times in 2007 and only 23 passes were completed for 2 tds while he had 5 ints and 14 broken up passes. Consider how much they shy away from him, he had 71 tackles. and yet he's nothing more than a mid round talent.

HOMEWORK PEOPLE! :worthy: antoine cason = darelle revis of last year. if he times sub 4.4 he wont make it to the 10th pick.

if you're going to pick a LB in the first go for Lofton..he is better than rivers, and one of the best in the draft.
his stock will skyrocket to a top 20 pick after the combine, so why not make a reach for him.
OLB vs ILB

Apples to Oranges

Why not reach? Because we can trade down with a team stupid enough to reach for someone else. If there is none take BPA.

I agree if we want Lofton then we trade down to 15 or 17 and grab him unless he runs a 4.4 and then we sit at 10 and take him.

I would agree on the Mike Jenkins pick, but this staff puts a premium on character...

Jenkins is fast, athletic and big enough to emerge into a quality starter but his footwork and ability to defend the run need work. His off-the-field incident this off-season is also reason for concern.

Link

Here's another...

Notes:
Was born in Germany...Combined with teammate Trae Williams to form one of the best corner duos in the nation...Also played safety early in his career...Suspended after being arrested and charged with misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct and obstructing or opposing an officer without violence in March of '07...Has a ton of starting experience and everything you look for physically in a pro corner...Very good prospect who has the talent to be a starter...Could get slightly overdrafted.

Link

I think you get a LB (Lofton) in the first and get the best CB available in the second. Then in the fourth you can pick of Chevis Jackson, who has big game expierience against quality opponents, but might not run a fast forty......o and Trevor Laws in the third

Having J. David as your only healthy starting CB, makes Jenkins, McKelvin, or Cromartie worthy of the #10 pick.

We should have the best CB,LB,S on the board at 10. Everyone is so high on rivers but he only had 77 tackles and 5 Tackles For Losses and it has me very nervous. He didn't stand out during the game I've watched either. Is rivers that much better overall than Highsmith, Connor, Lofton, and Mayo?

I would probably go in this order:
CB >DE >DT > LB > S

This is considering the talent that will likely be available at 10. The only reason why I put CB at #1 is because of the need, but I value a trench player much higher since there are no standout at linebacker and safety.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom