No Drew Brees No Problem: Also, Three Major Takeaways from Yesterday's Game (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Outside of what Hill accomplished on Sunday, other contributing factors paid huge dividends in the Saints’ victory over the Falcons.

Sign of the times with these blog-type sites, saying it was the most anticipated matchup in the history of the series/rivalry. That's a bit too strong. I'd love to change out a win somewhere in time to get back the fourth quarter of the 1991 NFC Wild Card game, myself. No way the Payton/Brees era Saints -- especially if it's a healthy team -- let a 10-0 early lead slip away.

Sign of the times with these blog-type sites, saying it was the most anticipated matchup in the history of the series/rivalry. That's a bit too strong. I'd love to change out a win somewhere in time to get back the fourth quarter of the 1991 NFC Wild Card game, myself. No way the Payton/Brees era Saints -- especially if it's a healthy team -- let a 10-0 early lead slip away.
Ok that's your opinion. Thanks for reading though.

It's all good here in the Who Dat Nation. Fans of a certain age range have certain memories that die hard ;) The current generation will always bristle when they hear or see the name Nickell Robey-Coleman.
It's fine man. I understand that there are old school die hards in here, but I never witnessed a build up for a Falcons game like this. Especially from the national media. Stuff was brewing for a week.

I enjoy your writing style bro. I’m kind of an inside the numbers guy and like the analytics side of things so I wish you would include more numbers as well personally speaking. Thanks for the read.

I enjoy your writing style bro. I’m kind of an inside the numbers guy and like the analytics side of things so I wish you would include more numbers as well personally speaking. Thanks for the read.
Thanks for reading. I will try my best to incorporate the statistical sides of things.

Question... Has there ever been a HoF QB in the history of the NFL that has actually mentored and taught their heir-apparent?

Montana didn’t take Young under his wing... Favre didn’t even like Rodgers... Brady got Jimmy G traded... I just can’t think of a single instance of this occurring.

Brees appears to have actually taken on a mentor role with Taysom, and he’s teaching Taysom how he (Brees) prepares and approaches the game both in practice and on game day.

It feels like a very unique and promising blessing.

Question... Has there ever been a HoF QB in the history of the NFL that has actually mentored and taught their heir-apparent?

Montana didn’t take Young under his wing... Favre didn’t even like Rodgers... Brady got Jimmy G traded... I just can’t think of a single instance of this occurring.

Brees appears to have actually taken on a mentor role with Taysom, and he’s teaching Taysom how he (Brees) prepares and approaches the game both in practice and on game day.

We are so lucky to have Drew Brees it's ridiculous. It's almost criminal the defenses he's been saddled with. Dude should have 2-4 more Super Bowl rings, easily.

We are so lucky to have Drew Brees it's ridiculous. It's almost criminal the defenses he's been saddled with. Dude should have 2-4 more Super Bowl rings, easily.

Agreed, but how lucky is Taysom Hill to have Drew Brees?
...how lucky was Teddy Bridgewater to have Brees as well? (Because I’m sure Brees was supporting and guiding Teddy while he was here as well).

An all-time great QB that puts his team first and desire to see his team win above all else... that actively teaches and supports guys vying to replace him.

Unless Buddy sent you on your way to dance on the tables at Pat Os, only to have your best table moves crushed by a last second Hail Mary, you just can't understand.

Because Brees is a special player and even more special person. Never be another like him. The GOAT #9

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom