No DT’s (1 Viewer)

We are very thin on the dline even with the addition of Turner. We'll need a little luck with health. I wish we could've kept Malcolm Brown. If we still had him, I'd feel pretty good about the line.
To read "we're fine" at Dline is laughable considering when Malcolm Brown missed 3 games last year we gave up 3 straight 200 yard rushing games. But we're fine.

UDFA Josiah Bronson looks like a great find.
I hope so. Not sure why there was a bidding war for him. Everything I read on him was very unimpressive. However, they must see something in him.

• 1Like
Reactions: LoE
Did someone sign Geno Atkins. There's also Gerald McCoy and Sheldon Richardson that are still FA's. Any one of those guys would be a good veteran presence. And don't forget We also have Jalen Dalton that was on the IR who is on the roster.
I think Abry Jones is still out there aswell

To read "we're fine" at Dline is laughable considering when Malcolm Brown missed 3 games last year we gave up 3 straight 200 yard rushing games. But we're fine.
when brown was out, the opposing teams rushed for 41, 90, and 206 yards. The 206 was by Philly, when Jalen Hurt ran for over 100 (little to do with Brown)

actually, in the 3 games he missed we conceded 246 (phi), 180 (KC) and 90 (MN) rushing yards.

And there's some context there.
Against philly kwon whiffed one and sanders took it home from 92 yards. And Hurts to his credit is pretty good on his feet (less relevant to brown).

Against KC we sold out on pass def trying to make life hard on chiefs. we let them run.

And yeah MN we were fine.

I think the correlation between MB and those yards is largely over-blown.
I think he was underrated, but I think we can cover his loss with what we have.

I think we’ll be okay, but another good depth piece would be nice. The starting guys should be more than solid, but rotating so much talent is really what has made the d-line such a strength. Maybe we end up signing someone or unearthing the next UDFA gem. Nielsen has more than proven he is capable of getting the most out of his guys.

I hope so. Not sure why there was a bidding war for him. Everything I read on him was very unimpressive. However, they must see something in him.
Agreed. To throw that kind of money at him, there must've been something they saw in him. Or something they needed. Or both.

Drafting DT's early has been a horrible strategy for the Saints in the past. Draft them late...or trade/sign them after they demonstrate that they won't eat their way out of the league on their first team.

Saints look for football players not big name players. The DT position is about gap control and protecting the LB from the OL so like the offensive line it's not about big names as much as it is about effectiveness and the guys we have can be affective.
Bingo, stop the run and keep our LB group clean to rush the passer. Also, we have a couple of DE that can slide inside from time to time. We're good.

We are very thin on the dline even with the addition of Turner. We'll need a little luck with health. I wish we could've kept Malcolm Brown. If we still had him, I'd feel pretty good about the line.
Me too.
We are thin all over the place this season, compared to last. I think it’s going to have more of an impact on our season than many fans believe it will.

when brown was out, the opposing teams rushed for 41, 90, and 206 yards. The 206 was by Philly, when Jalen Hurt ran for over 100 (little to do with Brown)
So you're way off..
actually, in the 3 games he missed we conceded 246 (phi), 180 (KC) and 90 (MN) rushing yards.

And there's some context there.
Against philly kwon whiffed one and sanders took it home from 92 yards. And Hurts to his credit is pretty good on his feet (less relevant to brown).

Against KC we sold out on pass def trying to make life hard on chiefs. we let them run.

And yeah MN we were fine.

I think the correlation between MB and those yards is largely over-blown.
I think he was underrated, but I think we can cover his loss with what we have.
...and I was off one game. Sue me! ;):LOL:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom