No DT’s (1 Viewer)

The Saints are fine at DT with Onyemata and Roach/Tuttle - and that's working under the assumption that they don't find another good on in UDFA or the second wave of free agency.
Unless we took 200 yards rushing when Brown went down

Question: Who’s the guy that thinks that Barmore is/was a bust waiting to happen, and that the Saints have a plan for the DT position... and it’s ridiculous the OP failed to mention David Onyemata?

Answer: I’m him... no, not the OP, it’s me.

Question: Who’s the guy that realizes the existing crop of veteran FA DTs might be the deepest position group left in free-agency (post draft)... and includes quality veterans such as Geno Atkins, Kawaan Short, Jurrell Casey, Sheldon Richardson, and Corey Peters (among others...)?

Answer: I’m him... me again! 😉

Losing Brown will hurt. There is absolutely no way to sugar coat that. They will definitely have to change to a much more active, fast, one gap pressure sort of technique as we don’t really have that big thick guy to plug the line.

imteying to remember which coach it was -years ago like Borman Hand era- who was talking about your big guys who you can anchor your middle of the D line are generally lower drafted guys who have to come in and spend some years in the nfl maturing and building massive strength and size. Very few kids out of college have that size and strength, and the DTs that do get drafted are usually your pass rushers, not your anchors on the line. They are also generally cheaper and float around the league.

Last edited:
Losing Brown will hurt. There is absolutely no way to sugar coat that. They will definitely have to change to a much more active, fast, one gap pressure sort of technique as we don’t really have that big thick guy to plug the line.
Yeah we'll sacrifice some in the run defense. It looks like we are going with a more smaller, faster more penetrating D-Line. I guess we will play the run on the way to the QB. We will be more of an attacking style defense.

One thing to consider is that we might be changing our philosophy a bit, which might include smaller DTs. I don't know if that's the case, but I wouldn't say that it's not happening.

Clown Face, because you disagree with facts...this board is something else! Do you’ll see now that the SAINTS are uncovering every rock looking for DT’s now! There was an article written today on saintswire.com about the SAINTS should’ve drafted Barmore instead of Turner as well, so I’m not the only person who thought so! But the geniuses on here know better. The DT position hasn’t been addressed!

Clown Face, because you disagree with facts...this board is something else! Do you’ll see now that the SAINTS are uncovering every rock looking for DT’s now! There was an article written today on saintswire.com about the SAINTS should’ve drafted Barmore instead of Turner as well, so I’m not the only person who thought so! But the geniuses on here know better. The DT position hasn’t been addressed!
I'll take a quality DE over a questionable DT

So the “geniuses” at saintswire know better than the professionals that run one of the winningest football teams of the last several years?

This grammar just made my brain bleed

Abry Jones or Sheldon Richardson would be great additions... Both are still available, and either would eliminate a hole on the D front

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom