No events or festivals until 2021 in New Orleans (merged) (1 Viewer)

Every state is different. In Arizona it's not bad at all. I've actually been out and about more on a everyday basis than I was when everything was fine. I mean our weather has been great! It's hard to just stay inside.

People are at parks exercising, people are hiking, mountain biking. I'm working out 5 times a week with a group of guys. We're following the rules of social distancing but I'm almost seeing things becoming normal soon. Granted Arizona is very spread out, nothing like NY or LA.

Like some have said the whole point of quarantine was that we don't flood the hospitals all at once. I think by time football season rolls around, hospitals should be able to handle whatever cases do pop up with this flu, I mean Kung Flu..wait, no..Chinese virus.

I miss live sports . I keep on praying that we can get control of this virus so we can move on with our lives . God bless our first responders, Doctors, Nurses, Hospital workers, Grocery&Pharmacy workers.
Don't forget UPS! (yes, I work there). Hospitals don't get supplies without logistics.

Actually the more it mutates the better. Unlike in the movies normally when viruses mutate they get weaker, not stronger.

There are some promising anti-viral drugs being tested now. At least one is in a double blind study and more will be started soon. I "think" one or more of the anti-viral drugs will show positive results. If they show very positive results, we might be able to get back to something "semi" normal sooner than later, maybe late June. But, 65,000 people jammed into a stadium....that might have to wait for a vaccine. The smartest scientists in the world are working on this and they are getting a massive amount of support by the government here and around the world. I think this will go down as the largest worldwide scientific effort in history.
Massive amount of support by the government here? Are you serious?

Every state is different. In Arizona it's not bad at all. I've actually been out and about more on a everyday basis than I was when everything was fine. I mean our weather has been great! It's hard to just stay inside.

People are at parks exercising, people are hiking, mountain biking. I'm working out 5 times a week with a group of guys. We're following the rules of social distancing but I'm almost seeing things becoming normal soon. Granted Arizona is very spread out, nothing like NY or LA.

Like some have said the whole point of quarantine was that we don't flood the hospitals all at once. I think by time football season rolls around, hospitals should be able to handle whatever cases do pop up with this flu, I mean Kung Flu..wait, no..Chinese virus.
Don’t be fooled by the weather and less dense population in Arizona and other states with fewer people. And don’t let greedy politicians fool you into placing your life in danger. Take heed and listen to your health officials. Those of us living in these danger zones know what it’s like. Don’t play Russian roulette with your health or that of those you love and are friends with.

Personally I hate that she put blame on the president for not canceling Mardi Gras. But for her to say this about sports and events in general, I can understand her position. The safety of the people and everyone else are more important. Hate that football or any events in New Orleans is affected. But if you look at the situation right now and part of it is due to Mardi Gras, it is understandable. Of course she is no expert. It is going to be weird and who knows what's going on to happen in a few weeks or months. But I much rather for everyone to be in good health and people start to get back to normalcy before worrying about a game.

Here's my question. Does she even have the authority to shut down the Saints and Pelicans? Their contacts are with the state to play in state-owned facilities. Or am I looking too deep at this?

the leagues stopped everything, it will be up to them to restart - if they are cleared to start gov will probably follow

Here's my question. Does she even have the authority to shut down the Saints and Pelicans? Their contacts are with the state to play in state-owned facilities. Or am I looking too deep at this?
Yes, via the state. Local governments derive their authority from the state. So it would have to be a mutual decision between the two levels. However, I get the feeling that the governor because of college football will have to make a decision real soon. This may get ugly if the NCAA doesn't become more proactive.

Her announcement seems to have been made shooting from the hip. I would hope she discussed this with the governor and health advisors as well as business advisors. Shutting down the festivals may end up being the right thing to do but is it too early to make that call? This could be the final blow for many small businesses in the city who rely on those festivals to stay afloat.

The virus may mutation by then, rendering the vaccine useless
But once the have A vaccine its easier to adjust it for new strains, you’re not starting from scratch. Thats why we get flu shots every year, because each year you are getting immunized for new strains and strains they expect to be most common.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom