No events or festivals until 2021 in New Orleans (merged) (1 Viewer)

People outside LA lambasted Mayor Cantrell for not cancelling Mardi Gras, so I don't blame the mayor for going on record now about upcoming events.

But once the have A vaccine its easier to adjust it for new strains, you’re not starting from scratch. Thats why we get flu shots every year, because each year you are getting immunized for new strains and strains they expect to be most common.

The science is the easy part of it. The biggest factor is safety testing. So I agree...after they get safety tested completed for the first round, it will make it easier to pass along for future vaccines. The next challenge is mass production and distribution. Take care.

No large events in New Orleans until 2021 is her message. She stops short of applying this to the Saints and Pelicans but is quick to suggest they care as much about the health of fans and players as she does. Isn't it cool the way she establishes herself as the expert and person to follow? Narrative building at it's finest.

Thats a politician for you. First to put their name on success and first to point the finger on failure.

I know you have over 100 navy medical personnel in the convention center. What do you need that you aren’t getting?
Talking about nationally. Unfortunately, the handling by our government of this pandemic is a mess. We shouldn't be looking through the lens of a man with "a gut feeling" about everything, knows more than anybody around him, and won't listen to reason. He won't listen to anyone unless they are lavishing praise upon him. And this has NOTHING to do with politics. People are dying because of this.

Yes, via the state. Local governments derive their authority from the state. So it would have to be a mutual decision between the two levels. However, I get the feeling that the governor because of college football will have to make a decision real soon. This may get ugly if the NCAA doesn't become more proactive.
I think the the CDC needs to quick waffling and call this what it is...a global emergency. Stop being afraid of what "45" is going to say. The man has no clue.

Talking about nationally. Unfortunately, the handling by our government of this pandemic is a mess. We shouldn't be looking through the lens of a man with "a gut feeling" about everything, knows more than anybody around him, and won't listen to reason. He won't listen to anyone unless they are lavishing praise upon him. And this has NOTHING to do with politics. People are dying because of this.

That’s your opinion

Did she actually make this decision by herself? Didn’t know she was capable of that.

Did she actually make this decision by herself? Didn’t know she was capable of that.
she didn't make any decision
she was asked if she thought festivals would happen in the fall
she said without testing, et al then probably not
it wasn't a decree or anything like that, just an answer to a reporter's question

She’s got all the answers . Fix some potholes and pay your taxes. Oh and work on getting that building demolished!!!
LMAO. And less we are able to forget about the continuing car break-ins throughout the city. At least she and the COP can rest from having to address that problem. ?

Everything except for the last sentence.
so this is your opinion?:
UnFortunately, the handling by our government of this pandemic is a mess. neat. We SHOULDn't be looking through the lens of a man with "a gut feeling" about everything, knows more than anybody around him, and won't listen to reason. He won't listen to anyone unless they are lavishing praise upon him. And this has EVERYTHING to do with politics.

Im not sure what the expectations are ,

I dont believes the gov at any level can supply the nation , state , city everything they need immediately then every elected official would be a failure if they couldn’t with NYC and state leading the way

If the standard set by rhe Obama / Biden admin that everything was GWB fault then the same has to be said about the state of Federal gov that all short comings we have now is Obama / Biden fault - to draw any other conclusion is IMO foolish but in today’s politics some are never accountable others are always responsible.

The reality is our gov systems were not prepared to handle something this big with random and unknown needs , not because of 3 yrs of gov but decade after decade of politicians looking past our short falls while addressing other nations - having said that, the idea of having 40k vents ready for delivery for one state is not something I’d expect the Fed to be able to deliver if that was the only state impacted much less with 49 other states possibly needing as well

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom