No events or festivals until 2021 in New Orleans (merged) (1 Viewer)

Im not sure what the expectations are ,

I dont believes the gov at any level can supply the nation , state , city everything they need immediately then every elected official would be a failure if they couldn’t with NYC and state leading the way

If the standard set by rhe Obama / Biden admin that everything was GWB fault then the same has to be said about the state of Federal gov that all short comings we have now is Obama / Biden fault - to draw any other conclusion is IMO foolish but in today’s politics some are never accountable others are always responsible.

The reality is our gov systems were not prepared to handle something this big with random and unknown needs , not because of 3 yrs of gov but decade after decade of politicians looking past our short falls while addressing other nations - having said that, the idea of having 40k vents ready for delivery for one state is not something I’d expect the Fed to be able to deliver if that was the only state impacted much less with 49 other states possibly needing as well
Nope, this current admin really dropped the ball. Who you choose to staff the federal bureaucracy with really matters. The past two administrations had a plan, the current one did not and ignored the warnings for two months. This has been well documented.

as someone who is out of state and always plans a trip during the season, I would be beyond bummed if I couldn't see Drew one last time in the Dome.

Don’t worry about lost sales tax revenue from these events. She’ll raise or roll forward property taxes and screw the middle and upper class to support her government and lower class. Won’t impact her. She doesn’t pay her taxes.

they need to change the homestead exemption to require the first $50k is taxed and then you get $75k HE. That way everyone has some stake in the game.

Like some have said the whole point of quarantine was that we don't flood the hospitals all at once. I think by time football season rolls around, hospitals should be able to handle whatever cases do pop up with this flu, I mean Kung Flu..wait, no..Chinese virus.

If the whole point of quarantine is to not flood the hospitals at once, what has changed between now and 2 months ago that would prevent this if we went back to normal today?

I just love all the Monday morning quarterbacking in this thread. The same people criticizing the government response probably also complained about the early travel ban from China. Can’t please everyone all the time. ?

I just love all the Monday morning quarterbacking in this thread. The same people criticizing the government response probably also complained about the early travel ban from China. Can’t please everyone all the time. ?
Yep, that and all of these pseudo-PhD epidemiologists, immunologist, and virologists who are self-annointed experts and think they know all the answers. Of course, in the end it all comes down to orange man bad....

Last edited:
Whether there are sporting events played in the fall in New Orleans goes far beyond the authority of the mayor. We have several months to go before definite decisions are made.

A problem for the mayor is that stay-in-place orders for Orleans Parish are meaningless unless adjacent parishes have the same order. The other problem is that the hospitality and restaurant sectors will be deeply damaged if they remain closed or have little business for months.

Though they say far different things, both the president and mayor have a tendency to say what sounds good at the moment. Deep reflection does not seem a strength of either. A number of governors, including Edwards, have performed well in these difficult times. There will develop a consensus shortly, based in part on what is happening in some countries in Europe, to increasingly open economic activity. Festivals and sporting events will be the last barrier. But let's take it two weeks at a time and see what happens.

Nope, this current admin really dropped the ball. Who you choose to staff the federal bureaucracy with really matters. The past two administrations had a plan, the current one did not and ignored the warnings for two months. This has been well documented.

this is what I’m saying , when was h1n1 09. 10?

where were the staged stockpiles of equipment, gear?

the stockpile that was used for h1n1 was not replenished

the president that used them did not replace them over the next 7+ years of his admin but is blameless not only if not having the numbers for today’s event but not replacing what he used

did he not thing it was needed? Was he even aware ? Was it his and everyone else’s belief that when they are needed they would just appear ?

same for local governments,do they have any expectations?

shoukd we citizen have used these last 7 yrs obtaining our own gear ? Should hospitals ?

does congress play a role ? They hold office for decades through multiple presidential terms

want to blame one person and give everyone else a pass and not honestly ask these questions it will happen again 5yrs, 10yrs down the road

and we all know how this will play out if Dem win this election or next , 7trs 364th day of their term and we run into a shortfall again it will be Trumps fault

Its April. To say that there will or won't be football this fall is simply "me too" panic leadership. Its ok as a leader to say "I don't know what next month will look like", but no way in hell she knows what November will look like. None of us do. I think we have football though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom