No events or festivals until 2021 in New Orleans (merged) (1 Viewer)

Its April. To say that there will or won't be football this fall is simply "me too" panic leadership. Its ok as a leader to say "I don't know what next month will look like", but no way in hell she knows what November will look like. None of us do. I think we have football though.

But isn't "i think we have football" a "me too" statement if none of us really know? Not trying to be inflammatory, just saying...

Sounds like she’s being taken out of context, although it’s wise to message to those responsible for festivals, etc., that they should not be expecting to move forward.

That said, it’s way too early to be talking about football or basketball—anything from September on. And if we’re still under the same restrictions then that we’re under now, the economy will be absolutely sunk. At a certain point, we just have to get on with it.

But isn't "i think we have football" a "me too" statement if none of us really know? Not trying to be inflammatory, just saying...
It’s just my opinion that I think we prevail and beat this virus by mid fall. My opinion as a regular guy; not a person in leadership. Too many “leaders” are in reactionary panic mode just when we need them to be leading. Shutting the events down 6 months from now does nothing for people next week. But they feel the need to appear to be doing something so cancelling events six months from now looks like action. It’s meaningless to what we need now.

People are dying because of the way this is being handled is an opinion? Are you kidding me?

First part is fact. Second part is opinion. And one that belongs in the political forum.

Im not sure what the expectations are ,

I dont believes the gov at any level can supply the nation , state , city everything they need immediately then every elected official would be a failure if they couldn’t with NYC and state leading the way

If the standard set by rhe Obama / Biden admin that everything was GWB fault then the same has to be said about the state of Federal gov that all short comings we have now is Obama / Biden fault - to draw any other conclusion is IMO foolish but in today’s politics some are never accountable others are always responsible.

The reality is our gov systems were not prepared to handle something this big with random and unknown needs , not because of 3 yrs of gov but decade after decade of politicians looking past our short falls while addressing other nations - having said that, the idea of having 40k vents ready for delivery for one state is not something I’d expect the Fed to be able to deliver if that was the only state impacted much less with 49 other states possibly needing as well
The federal government should not have dismantled the CDC program developed specifically to research and stay ahead of pandemics, nor should it have ignored early warning signs of COVID-19. In times of a national or global crisis, the federal government should take control with coordination and cooperation with the state governors. No political slants.

The federal government should not have dismantled the CDC program developed specifically to research and stay ahead of pandemics, nor should it have ignored early warning signs of COVID-19. In times of a national or global crisis, the federal government should take control with coordination and cooperation with the state governors. No political slants.

False Claim About CDC’s Global Anti-Pandemic Work

Dr. Anthony Fauci On February 29: At This Time There Is No Need To Change Your Habits Over Coronavirus

So he makes the call now on what the federal government should do? Keep trying. This has been documented by better sources.
Dr. Anthony Fauci On February 29: At This Time There Is No Need To Change Your Habits Over Coronavirus

No large events in New Orleans until 2021 is her message. She stops short of applying this to the Saints and Pelicans but is quick to suggest they care as much about the health of fans and players as she does. Isn't it cool the way she establishes herself as the expert and person to follow? Narrative building at it's finest.

[/B][/B]

I didnt get that message. Perhaps you are projecting.

Did she actually make this decision by herself? Didn’t know she was capable of that.

She said that it would be "collaboration".

It's so weird how people just insert their own narrative into everything, even into something so small as a response to a question.

If the whole point of quarantine is to not flood the hospitals at once, what has changed between now and 2 months ago that would prevent this if we went back to normal today?

I'm not an expert but there are several reasons, IMO.

First, there will be a new normal for a while to keep the "R" factor to an acceptable level, including - eliminating large events/gatherings, limiting the number of people in closed spaces and requiring mask and other face coverings.

Also, more efficient and effective ways to treat the symptomatic and more availability of equipment, including ventilators, to treat the critical, and tests to identify infected for quarantining.

I didnt get that message. Perhaps you are projecting.

She said that it would be "collaboration".

It's so weird how people just insert their own narrative into everything, even into something so small as a response to a question.
Clear as day. Perhaps you are ignoring. She clearly paints them in a corner.

“ Cantrell said she has not talked to representatives of the NFL or NBA about how that might affect the Saints or Pelicans seasons, but said she expects the leagues and team owners are as concerned about the health and safety of players and fans as she is.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom