No events or festivals until 2021 in New Orleans (merged) (1 Viewer)

NatureBoy

16x World Champion
Reaction score
No large events in New Orleans until 2021 is her message. She stops short of applying this to the Saints and Pelicans but is quick to suggest they care as much about the health of fans and players as she does. Isn't it cool the way she establishes herself as the expert and person to follow? Narrative building at it's finest.

I see she is saying no to the festival’s this year. Hopefully she does not say no to Saints games because we could all use them after all this. Pray that his situation gets better.

If we're well and we're better, and better than even our surrounding areas and states and who comes, I think we'll have to think about that. It'll all be factored into not only when New Orleans opens back up, but when the state and when the United States truly opens back up to where we are confident and comfortable but safe in going about our way.
"And I don't think anyone has a clue right now. We're looking at hypotheticals, we're looking at data, but one thing the data doesn't lie and it clearly shows us without a unified strategy nationally, its impacted our response locally, across the country."
The Saints are aware of Cantrell's comments from Tuesday.

“We are preparing to play and we are being very proactive in working with healthcare professionals, our medical staff and both the NBA and NFL," said Greg Bensel, the Saints and Pelicans' senior vice president of communications. "In addition, we are in constant contact with local and state government. When we return this season, our highest priority will be health and safety of our fans, staff, players and coaches. It is what we need to do and are doing relative to planning to play and we will be ready."
Bensel added that the economic impact of Saints games is very important.
"And considering the economic and cultural significance of the Saints, we are working to do everything in our power to make it work. It’s too important for our city.”

Last edited:
If we don’t have football so be it, it’s hard to even type that but safety and lives matter first and foremost. With that being said, her opinion would be a candle in the wind if it boiled down to what mayors opinions are on the subject when it comes to power of the nfl and the higher ups with more say imo

Nothing will go back to the same unless/until a vaccine is created and they're saying that will be 12-18 months at the soonest.
I believe that a treatment will come before a vaccine. Right now there are promising treatments that are very close. A vaccine will take much longer.

There are some promising anti-viral drugs being tested now. At least one is in a double blind study and more will be started soon. I "think" one or more of the anti-viral drugs will show positive results. If they show very positive results, we might be able to get back to something "semi" normal sooner than later, maybe late June. But, 65,000 people jammed into a stadium....that might have to wait for a vaccine. The smartest scientists in the world are working on this and they are getting a massive amount of support by the government here and around the world. I think this will go down as the largest worldwide scientific effort in history.

They will most likely be playing in empty stadiums. It'll be weird, but if it keeps players safe and can be done safely.. they need to do it. Probably highest TV ratings ever over the season. We lose our DFA tho..:(

:sir-saint:

They will most likely be playing in empty stadiums. It'll be weird, but if it keeps players safe and can be done safely.. they need to do it. Probably highest TV ratings ever over the season. We lose our DFA tho..
Instead of 20 million a game, they’ll get 40 million.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom