No FG on last drive? (1 Viewer)

Dillonsp

Most Valuable Poster
Reaction score
I hate to complain after a win, but that’s another bone-headed call by Payton at the end of a game. Last week a pass play which resulted in a sack taking us out of FG range, and this week he called to go for it on 4th down instead of taking the easy FG to give us a 3 score game with 1:10 left.
Both unwise, risky calls that did not pay off. I’d like to see him take the FG there.
On the bright side, Bridgewater looked VERY improved this week!

I figure he is thinking we are in the lead by two fudge it lets see if we can convert the 4th down. It failed unfortunately.

I hate to complain after a win, but that’s another bone-headed call by Payton at the end of a game. Last week a pass play which resulted in a sack taking us out of FG range, and this week he called to go for it on 4th down instead of taking the easy FG to give us a 3 score game with 1:10 left.
Both unwise, risky calls that did not pay off. I’d like to see him take the FG there.
Headscratcher.

He has a tendency to be reckless in some situations. He has a voice in his head, an uncontrollable urge to be aggressive.

Cue the Devo.

Last edited:
Agree 100%
3 score game should have been priority

Yeah yeah, bone headed. If they convert everyone is happy.

We were dominating them on both sides of the ball. It was a good risk imo. I'd want him to do it again.
Of course I would have been happy if they converted, but I’d still question the decision to not make it a 3 score game. Lutz is one of the best kickers in the league. You take the points in that situation. There was a much smaller risk with the fg and it would have sealed the game.
Dominating them on both sides of the ball supports making it a 3 score game.

Payton wins by being aggressive.

He won again today by being aggressive.

He wanted to end the game with an exclamation point, and run out the clock with the victory formation.

He was a measly few yards from getting it.

We didn’t. No big deal.

Our D was masterful all game, he wasn’t worried at all that they’d score 2 TDS in one minute against our D.

And he was right.

I was okay with the DAL one b/c if Lutz misses a 48-49 yard field goal (where we were at before the sack), DAL has a short field when all they need is a field goal to win. He took a risk, but it was worth it, IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom