No fine for hit on Taysom (1 Viewer)

I'm one of those people that doesn't really buy into the whole "NFL is against the saints" things and rarely comment on officiating, but Im honestly floored by this. That was as dirty a hit as you will see in today's game

Ehaaaa?????? That was one of the most vicious and malicious hits I have seen in years. Clear targeting and spearing. It should be a fine AND a suspension.

If any of our players did that they would be suspended the rest of the year and fined 10 million dollars.

This league and Goodell are such a joke.
Not a surprise really. Should we as Saints fans expect anything better? A Saints player is carted off with an illegal hit, personal foul and the NFL
league office, sees no reason to levy a fine. OK, whatever.

And on a side note. How in the world, is Daniel Jones cleared to play today? The guy looked like a new born horse after the hit he took against the Cowboys. And that was a legal hit. SMH.

The NFL league head office has an agenda under Goodell. And it is all manifested by a handful of team owners. Mrs. Benson, unfortunately, not being one of the owners.

The NFL's response (probably):

"There is no fine because Taysom Hill caused the collision by diving for the ball. They'll be no further comment on this matter."

:frack:

Hey, Roger, read this. You are whatever Gruden or anybody else has ever called you as long as it’s derogatory. Now, let’s see you cancel me, a 69 year old retiree. Oh wait, does he control the IRS too.

Hey, Roger, read this. You are whatever Gruden or anybody else has ever called you as long as it’s derogatory. Now, let’s see you cancel me, a 69 year old retiree. Oh wait, does he control the IRS too.
The son of a former US Senator? Better watch your back Stephen!

Looks like it was a totally legal hit according to the rule.

USE OF THE HELMET – RULE 12, SECTION 2, ARTICLE 8

The Rule: As approved by NFL clubs in March, it is a foul if a player lowers his head to initiate and make contact with his helmet against an opponent. Contact does not have to be to an opponent’s head or neck area – lowering the head and initiating contact to an opponent’s torso, hips, and lower body, is also a foul. Violations of the rule will be easier to see and officiate when they occur in open space – as opposed to close line play – but this rule applies anywhere on the field at any time except against the Saints.

I'm one of those people that doesn't really buy into the whole "NFL is against the saints" things and rarely comment on officiating, but Im honestly floored by this. That was as dirty a hit as you will see in today's game
Time to reconsider?

Interesting that with concussions and player safety in the relative background these days the NFL Couldn’t be bothered with this.

And at the same time scheme to add more games and shorten recovery time to next scheduled match…

still waiting on 70,000 pages on Bountygate. The league has been a joke since he has become commissioner
Then they could only produce 200 pages...50 of which didn't even exist when the original claim was made. Then to top it off most of the 150 pages was nothing even related to the alleged 'bounties.'

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom