No huddle offense against the Jets (1 Viewer)

goboilers

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Our no huddle offense should be utilized extensively against the Jets so that substitutions can be limited and the Jets cannot give us different looks from different packages. Brees' is a smart QB and if he can call plays on the field that will help our cause tremendously...
Should also help in tiring out the Jets defense.

Let me know your thoughts.

Our no huddle offense should be utilized extensively against the Jets so that substitutions can be limited and the Jets cannot give us different looks from different packages. Brees' is a smart QB and if he can call plays on the field that will help our cause tremendously...
Should also help in tiring out the Jets defense.

Let me know your thoughts.

I think its a wonderful idea. Only problem is that we change personnel so often, I am thinking we have a better chance making the D adjust to us rather than us adjusting to them.

But I understand what your saying and I would definately like to see us go at a faster pace atleast for a few drives and track the outcome.

We are in the Dome Sunday. That helps alot. I don't know if we need the no huddle for the Jets. They are a GREAT team, and i'd put them as top 3 best in the AFC...BUT...

They're defense is rough, we need all the energy we need to get past them, therefore, the no huddle might not be the best idea. IMO, its just purely based on the fact that our guys might get too tired, to quickly and start fumbling, or missing catches, etc.

(IMO that is. It might be a good idea toward the end of the game, if we need some quick points to put them away. + rep though fo sho)

I like the idea. The only negative is that we like to change personnel on offense as much or more than they do on defense. But I agree with you and I bet we use it sporadically throughout the game, which may throw them off their defensive rhythm.

I think its a wonderful idea. Only problem is that we change personnel so often, I am thinking we have a better chance making the D adjust to us rather than us adjusting to them.

But I understand what your saying and I would definately like to see us go at a faster pace atleast for a few drives and track the outcome.

Brilliant point about making them adjust to our schemes.
The thing that worries me is the "disguised" defense that Rex will be showing. Showing one look and then going for another.

Also w a no huddle we can
a. motion reggie from rb to wr and vice versa
b. Move Shockey around
c. set up screens for PT

Heath Evans and the running backs will have to play a very important rule in protecting DB.

I am worried about turnovers...

I think it's a good idea to try every few drives or so if it seems to work some.

Brilliant point about making them adjust to our schemes.
The thing that worries me is the "disguised" defense that Rex will be showing. Showing one look and then going for another.

b. Move Shockey around
c. set up screens for PT

Heath Evans and the running backs will have to play a very important rule in protecting DB.

Thats where the chess match comes in. All homerism aside, I honestly dont see how the Jets O can compete with our O. Their O doesnt scare me at all, even compared to Buffalo's. I am usually a level headed fanatic, not letting 1 good game form an opinion. But w/ the way we stifled Buffalo w/ 3 good WRs and a good RB, on the road, I dont see the Jets O hurting us at home.

Sorry to turn your thread into a defenseive topic, but as much as we speak of our O in this game, I see our D putting up another dominant performance.

IMO, all our O has to do is take care of the ball and capitolize on some timely big plays when the opportunity presents itself, and we will crush them.

Im usually a nervous wreck & naysayer going into a big game, but for some reason, I feel 100% confident we will handle the Jets w/ no problem.

I will more than likely return to my nervous ways after the bye week when we play the G-men.

Jericho Cotchery and Dustin Keller (it helps he went to the right school :) ) have been getting a lot of yrds/reception.
The dome should imo help Sanchez. The key is to not to give up big plays on Pass D.

P.S: Take this thread thru every angle... Cheers...

Jericho Cotchery and Dustin Keller (it helps he went to the right school :) ) have been getting a lot of yrds/reception.
The dome should imo help Sanchez. The key is to not to give up big plays on Pass D.

P.S: Take this thread thru every angle... Cheers...

Any advantage Sanchez gets by playing indoors will be null & void by drunk hometown fans who havent seen their team play live in 2 weeks.

It would severly hamper our offense. We live and die by a multitude of packages and we need to be able to rotate extensively. We aren't a no huddle type offense.

b. Move Shockey around
c. set up screens for PT

When you run no-huddle, you don't really substitute. That is because the ref will stop you and let the defense match up, hence taking the element of surprise out of your attack. Now the biggest question is, if you no-huddle, what's your personel package? Reggie, PT and Evans would not be on the field at the same time. I guess, my base would be Reggie and Evans, because they are more multiple. However, now you have possible protection issues. With us being on our third LT, I don't think we should do much no-huddle. I think pretection should be 100% solid for this game, no miscommunications.

Well, Rex Ryan commented on how we have 15 different offensive packages. I am looking forward to see how the Jets use Scott and Harris in coverage. I wonder if it is better to spread them out and force the issue which would show itself in a no huddle with 3 WR's and a TE.

Im really nervous about this game to be honest. Sunday can't get here fast enough. If we win, I will go insane during the bye, having to wait another two weeks for more.

I expect to see some different plays to keep the Jets defense honest and try to capitalize on corner or saftey blitzes. Like a reverse, possibly direct snap or even something like a wildcat formation. I think we will see Reggie in the slot with PT in the backfield quite a bit this week.

But, I don't expect a no huddle except in a 2 minute situation.

You saw how effective a no-huddle is at limiting the looks and creativity of a competently coached defense with the Bills game.

Read: Not at all

You can limit substitutions on the drive itself, but you can't limit how they line up, where they bring pressure, coverages they use, etc. We were perfectly capable of mixing things up tremendously against the Bills, the Jets will be no different.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom