No huddle offense against the Jets (1 Viewer)

Our no huddle offense should be utilized extensively against the Jets so that substitutions can be limited and the Jets cannot give us different looks from different packages. Brees' is a smart QB and if he can call plays on the field that will help our cause tremendously...
Should also help in tiring out the Jets defense.

Let me know your thoughts.

Jets D doesn't need different personnel to give you different looks. Out of their base 3-4 personnel, they've lined Gholston and Thomas up at both DE and LB, lined Shaun Ellis up at DE, DT and NT, lined Kris Jenkins up at NT, DT, DE and LB(!), and have two ILB's in Harris and Scott who are interchangeable - either can be the Mike on any given play, and both are solid in coverage and rushing the passer (and death on RBs on rushing plays). The Jets will also blitz with either Rhodes or Leonhard. Running no-huddle may tire us out, but it won't limit the looks the Jets D can throw at you (in fact, NE went exclusively no huddle, with every player having a play card and the coaches calling plays via whiteboard held up on the sidelines. Didn't slow our D down in the slightest).

I believe we should win this match up . Only thing Im nervous about is Drew's health . All the Jets comments about hitting Brees , taking the penatly just as long as he gets hit. Thats what alot of fans are saying anyway . They must be used to this from there D which cant be good.

terrible idea. we've had nothing but success on offense up to this point, why would you change anything?

The best way to use no-huddle is when Brees spots a personnel matchup that he likes, and then runs one or two plays from that. I think that he has the right to make that read in every game, as they've done it fairly regularly throughout his tenure here.

I guarantee that the Saints have more than 15 packages on offense .

In the article Ryan was reffering to personnel packages the Saints use.

Ex: 2 rb, 1 te, 2 wr; 1 rb, 2 te, 2 wr; 0 rb, 1 te, 4 wr...etc.

No huddle offenses are only good in moderation. Look where it got the Bills last Sunday! Good defenses tend to take advantage of the chaos created by a no huddle offense.

I believe we should win this match up . Only thing Im nervous about is Drew's health . All the Jets comments about hitting Brees , taking the penatly just as long as he gets hit. Thats what alot of fans are saying anyway . They must be used to this from there D which cant be good.
Fans can say what they want but if players try to make any late or illegal hit on Drew there will be a brawl and ejections in the game.

The Jets players aren't dumb. They know better than to give us 15 yard penalties. We would turn those into points without even flinching. Fans on the other hand ARE dumb, and just say stuff like this to make them feel good about their teams.

If you think your base offense is better than their base D....you use the no-huddle offense.This is what Philly, the Lions and Bills did to us when they had the ball. If our base offense is better than their base D, I see no reason why we can't use our base offense against their base D?....ITS JUST AS DREW SAID....MY BEST IS BETTER THAN YOUR BEST.

I think we'll surprise the Jets D in many ways.....run, when they expect pass, throw when they expect run, mixing it up will keep their D on their toes, not knowing what exactly will the Saints offense throw at them.....that means, half of the battle is won by the O already! I expect our O to do their part, and put up around 30 points.

Now on to the D.....Rex Ryan will use their base offense extensively....know all the blitz packages GW has in store of the rookie QB.....by using the base O, they think they're limiting our ability to blitz on virtually any down. But as the Bills game shows, we blitzed extensively from our base D, especially that the D we have is a veteran D, & these guys are battle tested. You will see all kind of firezone blitzes from every angle, and pressure from our base D from multiple formations......a nightmare for a rookie QB. I know, I know....many Jets fans don't believe it, but I bet if Will Smith puts up a serious hit on Sanchez, his knees will not keep up his body for long....his inexperience will eventually get the better of him, as he will make Will Smith's wife jealous, cause he won't be able to take his eyes off Will! LOL!

I think this game will have a fast start....we score...they punt....we score again....they punt again....we score, and at that point the game is out of reach. I expect the Saints score over 20 points by halftime....without giving up more than a FG....

I think this game will have a fast start....we score...they punt....we score again....they punt again....we score, and at that point the game is out of reach. I expect the Saints score over 20 points by halftime....without giving up more than a FG....

From your mouth to Bressus is hears :)

I think we have a great offense and the key is to score early and often and then run, run, run...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom