No Ian Book Active, Taysom Unlikely to Play Much (1 Viewer)

And thats one very good strong determining reason why some Saints fans despise or get annoyed by his arrogant, egotistical, really fork you, Ill do it my way-be-damned-if-it-fails-terribly or not approach to unnecessary, risky or stupid play calling that has less to do with meticulous, daily preparations of hard work, tireless dedication, and study then satisfying his overly large game day ego. When Payton has to earn his stripes and has his arse forced against the wall with his job on the line, he becomes the daring, offensive innovator that helped make those Brees' teams so dynamic, powerful, and potent. He's gotten too slack, predictable, too set into his own hype and routine.

The Sean Payton, QBs coach and then OC for the Giants from 1999-2002,
Did you say that last year when they were 13-3 or the year before when they were 13-3 or the year before when they were 12-4 or did you wait until he had to field a team in transition to call him out.

Well, we're no longer in the playoff bunch any longer... Let's just tank the season , and get a high pick..I say start the rookie..

Did you say that last year when they were 13-3 or the year before when they were 13-3 or the year before when they were 12-4 or did you wait until he had to field a team in transition to call him out.
Why wait until transition? He had years to prepare for this. So did the team. You can't tell me the FO adeauately drafted wisely or looked for good players to succeed Drew once he was gone. They rode a nice, long wave until it ended and then scrambled to rebuild a ship that may not row so easily again or as quickly as they'd liked. Their were some posters, like me, who were saying we had to prepare in advance for life post-Brees, and that means doing it couple years in advance. For the most part, our FO didnt do that and some of our recent 1st round picks have been hit and misses depending on who you ask on SR(Ruiz). You just can't get intellectually lazy and blame all terrible production on injuries decimating the team or certain parts or players on the team as the end-all, be-all to explain why we suck to your detractors.

And Payton has become a bit more predictable in his play-calling, compared to how he was, even with Brees 10-15 years ago when he was throwing for 5,000 yards a season or resurrecting Kerry Collins career 21 years ago. I don't SEE CERTAIN PARTS of what made that man so great, for so long, in this 2021 version. Even before all the injuries occurred and we got stuck with a tired, broken down team and a fan base at each other throats.

Anyone who thinks that Ian Book has a remote chance of starting next year need to remember that he’s a game day inactive behind Siemian and a hurt Taysom Hill. Our hope for Book should be for him to develop into a solid BACKUP QB. Because he’s not that right now. He’s a developmental dart throw.

No, I think it's mostly because he's without a QB #1 and #2, 2 starting OL, both his starting RBs, #1 WR, 1 starting DE and 1 rotational DE, starting slot corner, and starting kicker.
What was ANYONE's expectation? I'd have liked to win anyway...but we're undermanned. People are blaming Payton for the 2pt conversations going bad...dudes are open. Our QB is just...blegh. Is that Payton's fault too?

Why wait until transition? He had years to prepare for this. So did the team. You can't tell me the FO adeauately drafted wisely or looked for good players to succeed Drew once he was gone. They rode a nice, long wave until it ended and then scrambled to rebuild a ship that may not row so easily again or as quickly as they'd liked. Their were some posters, like me, who were saying we had to prepare in advance for life post-Brees, and that means doing it couple years in advance. For the most part, our FO didnt do that and some of our recent 1st round picks have been hit and misses depending on who you ask on SR(Ruiz). You just can't get intellectually lazy and blame all terrible production on injuries decimating the team or certain parts or players on the team as the end-all, be-all to explain why we suck to your detractors.

And Payton has become a bit more predictable in his play-calling, compared to how he was, even with Brees 10-15 years ago when he was throwing for 5,000 yards a season or resurrecting Kerry Collins career 21 years ago. I don't SEE CERTAIN PARTS of what made that man so great, for so long, in this 2021 version. Even before all the injuries occurred and we got stuck with a tired, broken down team and a fan base at each other throats.
I would love to see you prepare for the dropoff of losing Winston Taysom Kamara Ingram MT CJGJ Davenport Ram Terron Trequan in the same weeks. Thats more the problem than losing Brees, we've won without Brees for a couple seasons now.

How dare him field a team without those guys. Arrogant lol
Payton and the Saints FO had years to prepare for Saints post-Brees? How would you evaluate some of our draft picks, choices at WR, TE, O-line or D-line did we do enough to try and build a roster that wouldn't sheet the bed if a few key injuries didnt pop up here and there? Or did we just ride the great, powerful big wave Brees' gave us for so long maybe a bit too long and didnt rebuild quickly enough simply because we didn't have to right now?

If you can honestly answer those questions to me, then get back to me about whether the FO or Payton werent proactive enough or not?

Payton and the Saints FO had years to prepare for Saints post-Brees? How would you evaluate some of our draft picks, choices at WR, TE, O-line or D-line did we do enough to try and build a roster that wouldn't sheet the bed if a few key injuries didnt pop up here and there? Or did we just ride the great, powerful big wave Brees' gave us for so long maybe a bit too long and didnt rebuild quickly enough simply because we didn't have to right now?

If you can honestly answer those questions to me, then get back to me about whether the FO or Payton werent proactive enough or not?
Again, you have 22 starters, you cant lose 11 of them and expect there not to be a dropoff. Brees would not be winning with this squad, he would be just trying to hold water until starters come back. Ram and Terron out in the same game alone would break his ribs lol

its no surprise that we went from 5-2 to a 4 game losing streak when we lost our most talented players. Arrogant lol

I would love to see you prepare for the dropoff of losing Winston Taysom Kamara Ingram MT CJGJ Davenport Ram Terron Trequan in the same weeks. Thats more the problem than losing Brees, we've won without Brees for a couple seasons now.
We lost some of those players the past few years even when Brees' was in his late 30's/early 40's and we still didn't look this bad or have our production drop off because Brees could make a lot of mediocre WRs, look pretty good. Sure, in 2019 and 2020 we didn't lose as many of those players as this year, but don't BS in saying Brees at least holding water would look infinitely better than what we have now.

Don't defend a terrible, mediocre QB like Siemen. Hes not worth your support or he sure as hell hasnt mine or doesn't deserve mine, either.

Our current guy can't do that. If we'd lost Kamara or Ram, Brees' would still make a lot more happen then the monstrosity Siemen is right now is doing.

We lost some of those players the past few years even when Brees' was in his late 30's/early 40's and we still didn't look this bad or have our production drop off because Brees could make a lot of mediocre WRs, look pretty good.

Our current guy can't do that. If we'd lost Kamara or
We've never lost 11 starters at the same time. Your "some" and losing 3/5th of your oline and both starting RBs and allpro WR and the next two leading receivers, starting TE and Taysom mult. games isnt the same thing unless you want to tell me it is lol

Again, you have 22 starters, you cant lose 11 of them and expect there not to be a dropoff. Brees would not be winning with this squad, he would be just trying to hold water until starters come back. Ram and Terron out in the same game alone would break his ribs lol

its no surprise that we went from 5-2 to a 4 game losing streak when we lost our most talented players. Arrogant lol
And yet, somehow Brees probably would still look and be playing so much forking better than Siemen could with a decent supporting cast. He's a third-string QB for a reason, after all. Willie Snead, Lance Moore, Devery Henderson, Kenny Smalls, Brees could make them look like Pro-Bowlers even if a few of them would be #2 or #3 WRs on most other NFL squads.
Brees' could read complex defenses faster, had one of the quickest releases ever, was the perfect prototype pocket passer ever, he could lose half of his starting O-linemen to injuries, he'd still somehow make us look better probably on offense even 2-3 years ago then what we have now.

And yet, somehow Brees probably would still look and be playing so much forking better than Siemen could with a decent supporting cast. He's a third-string QB for a reason, after all. Willie Snead, Lance Moore, Devery Henderson, Kenny Smalls, Brees could make them look like Pro-Bowlers even if a few of them would be #2 or #3 WRs on most other NFL squads.
Brees' could read complex defenses faster, had one of the quickest releases ever, was the perfect prototype pocket passer ever, he could lose half of his starting O-linemen to injuries, he'd still somehow make us look better probably on offense even 2-3 years ago then what we have now.
Again Ram Terron and Peat out alone would break his ribs

We've never lost 11 starters at the same time. Your "some" and losing 3/5th of your oline and both starting RBs and allpro WR and the next two leading receivers, starting TE and Taysom mult. games isnt the same thing unless you want to tell me it is lol
You should seriously re-watch our 2012 "Bounty gate" season then pal, and no, that still is a convenient excuse to say all.those decimating injuries is a satisfactory reason for why we should accept sheetty, terrible games. Eventually, injuries heal during a season and most of these 11 starters injuries will heal and their arses will be back on the field where they belong, or at least some of them.

You should seriously re-watch our 2012 "Bounty gate" season then pal, and no, that still is a convenient excuse to say all.those decimating injuries is a satisfactory reason for why we should accept sheetty, terrible games. Eventually, injuries heal during a season and most of these 11 starters injuries will heal and their arses will be back on the field where they belong, or at least some of them.
Losing your best players isnt convenient or an excuse, its the fact of the matter lol. Tony Jones jr running behind makeshift tackles isnt Alvin Kamara behind allpro Ram and Terron. If you can't grasp that, I cant help you bro. If you expect the same output, that's a you problem

Again Ram Terron and Peat out alone would break his ribs
You seem obsessively determined in believing that. Brees' forking played for some durations in some seasons with a severely strained ankle, thighs, arm, he actually had more broken ribs then what we originally knew last year, he was very adaptable and sometimes went seasons with 1-2 O-lineman injured for multiple games or periods, he could survive maybe one more.

Good depth means just exactly that. If you have good, talented backups at almost every position on O-line, who can adapt and maybe play decent enough for a couple of weeks, losing 2-3 linemen shouldn't or wouldn't be the big killer even in Brees' case.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom