No Ian Book Active, Taysom Unlikely to Play Much (1 Viewer)

Anyone who thinks that Ian Book has a remote chance of starting next year need to remember that he’s a game day inactive behind Siemian and a hurt Taysom Hill. Our hope for Book should be for him to develop into a solid BACKUP QB. Because he’s not that right now. He’s a developmental dart throw.
Being the native has less to with his ability and more to do with fielding a game day roster. Why would you have 3 active QB's when your RB unit is depleted and you need to activate a third tight end because your starter is on IR.

You seem obsessively determined in believing that. Brees' forking played for some durations in some seasons with a severely strained ankle, thighs, arm, he actually had more broken ribs then what we originally knew last year, he was very adaptable and sometimes went seasons with 1-2 O-lineman injured for multiple games or periods, he could survive maybe one more.

Good depth means just exactly that. If you have good, talented backups at almost every position on O-line, who can adapt and maybe play decent enough for a couple of weeks, losing 2-3 linemen shouldn't or wouldn't be the big killer even in Brees' case.
No matter how much depth you have, they arent better than the starter. So if you lose 11 starters, you are stuck with diminished talent all over the field. It isnt rocket science why we are worse today than we were weeks ago lmao

Losing your best players isnt convenient or an excuse, its the fact of the matter lol. Tony Jones jr running behind makeshift tackles isnt Alvin Kamara behind allpro Ram and Terron. If you can't grasp that, I cant help you bro. If you expect the same output, that's a you problem
Thats funny because I don't think I'm the only poster who gets this sense that a few posters aren't using it as some convenient, end, be-all stock excuse for why our team is pathetic, and we should bloody well accept it for the rest of the season.

Thats funny because I don't think I'm the only poster who gets this sense that a few posters aren't using it as some convenient, end, be-all stock excuse for why our team is pathetic, and we should bloody well accept it for the rest of the season.
You describe it like we should have 3 other Kamaras on the bench for when our Kamara goes down and that every team in the NFL does and we dont and that's Sean Payton's fault lol

No matter how much depth you have, they arent better than the starter. So if you lose 11 starters, you are stuck with diminished talent all over the field. It isnt rocket science why we are worse today than we were weeks ago lmao
No, but most of these injuries these starters have will heal by the time our season and am I being too naive in thinking our level of play won't get a little better when it does or will we still be looking like crap a month from now?

I don't want to hear these same excuses coming up again in a month from now, and yes, some of our starters will be healed by then, so no more poor-mouthing?

You describe it like we should have 3 other Kamaras on the bench for when our Kamara goes down and that every team in the NFL does and we dont and that's Sean Payton's fault lol
I don't like it when I get the sense when it appears he's giving up during games like this one midway through the second half, like it was one terrible burden having to waste his time in dread, knowing in advance his team going to get his arse kicked badly by 25 points?

You tell me where I'm supposed to smile like an idiot after a team Ive loved for 35 forking years looks like sheet and will continue to for the rest of the season?
How in the hell is that some forking fan experience? Should I be an emotional masochist and keep it all in stride.

No, but most of these injuries these starters have will heal by the time our season and am I being too naive in thinking our level of play won't get a little better when it does or will we still be looking like crap a month from now?

I don't want to hear these same excuses coming up again in a month from now, and yes, some of our starters will be healed by then, so no more poor-mouthing?
Common sense tells you if we get our starters back, our play should reflect the part of the season of when they were playing. That isnt a hard concept to grasp but some of yall logic makes me think otherwise.

I don't like it when I get the sense when it appears he's giving up during games like this one midway through the second half, like it was one terrible burden having to waste his time in dread, knowing in advance his team going to get his arse kicked badly by 25 points?

You tell me where I'm supposed to smile like an idiot after a team Ive loved for 35 forking years looks like sheet and will continue to for the rest of the season?
How in the hell is that some forking fan experience? Should I be an emotional masochist and keep it all in stride.
Bro quit crying lol

Common sense tells you if we get our starters back, our play should reflect the part of the season of when they were playing. That isnt a hard concept to grasp but some of yall logic makes me think otherwise.
Something tells me with some SR posters some of our problems go a lot deeper and are more institutional and that we still might see some of the same problems we have now even if we had most of our starters healthy.
Even if Winston wasn't injured and we had 8-9 of our injured starters available, I still see us win only 7-8 wins right now. We wouldve beaten ATL, maybe Titans beat us anyway maybe we win a close one, and we beat Philly, even under the best-cases of scenarios, Buffalo still kick our arses, big time tonight. There a much better team then us even when or if our best starters are healthy. There's also a very good reason why they went to the AFCCG last year and didn't look that bad vs. Chiefs either until Kansas City pulled away midway through the 4th quarter and also why Bills will win 10+ games this season, too.

Something tells me with some SR posters some of our problems go a lot deeper and are more institutional and that we still might see some of the same problems we have now even if we had most of our starters healthy.
Even if Winston wasn't injured and we had 8-9 of our injured starters available, I still see us win only 7-8 wins right now. We wouldve beaten ATL, maybe Titans beat us anyway maybe we win a close one, and we beat Philly, even under the best-cases of scenarios, Buffalo still kick our arses, big time tonight. There a much better team then us even when or if our best starters are healthy. There's also a very good reason why they went to the AFCCG last year and didn't look that bad vs. Chiefs either until Kansas City pulled away midway through the 4th quarter and also why Bills will win 10+ games this season, too.
Everything you said was arbitrary and can't be proven one way or the other. You just get further from the fact that our best players aren't available right now. Emotional responses dont matter

Bro quit crying lol
I don't !Ike losing or.seeing my favorite team get its arse kicked 31-6 and be told to like it or tolerate it as if thats supposed to be the "new normal".

You Lol'ed a lot, who looks more pathetic and hopeless under those circumstances under that scenario, hmm?

Then again, we could be fans of a clueless, hopeless, franchise like Detroit. All you have with that team is waiting for next year, hoping it won't be as bad as this year yet you also know you'll probably lose double-digits then, too. Anytime they have a great franchise, superhuman player, they don't even try to make the.team better.

They did it all throughout the 1990's with Barry Sanders. They essentially followed the same playbook with Megatron a generation later. And not just him, Stafford, too for nearly a decade, he was a very good QB capable of doing so much more and did when he got the hell out of the Motor City.

Everything you said was arbitrary and can't be proven one way or the other. You just get further from the fact that our best players aren't available right now. Emotional responses dont matter
Dude, Buffalo probably beats us by two or more TDs even if most of our main, injured starters play this game or not. Some SR members even told me privately a couple of months ago, they didnt necessarily see or view our Thanksgiving Night game vs. Bills as a win. This is the best, overall talented loaded Bills team their franchise has had since early-mid 1990's.

Dude, Buffalo probably beats us by two or more TDs even if most of our main, injured starters play this game or not. Some SR members even told me privately a couple of months ago, they didnt necessarily see or view our Thanksgiving Night game vs. Bills as a win. This is the best, overall talented loaded Bills team their franchise has had since early-mid 1990's.
still arbitrary

Circling back to Book being inactive tonight ...

Can't a third quarterback be declared inactive, yet enter the game strictly in the event of injuries to the two active QBs?
I think they should activate Book next week and cut him loose. Let's see what he can do. It can't possibly be any worse than we are already getting and you might catch lightning in a bottle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom