No I'm not lying. Yes This Guy is Serious......Scientist Aims to Show He Can Turn Chickens Into Dinosaurs (1 Viewer)

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
After years spent hunting for the buried remains of prehistoric animals, a Canadian paleontologist now plans to manipulate chicken embryos to show he can create a dinosaur.

Hans Larsson, the Canada Research Chair in Macro Evolution at Montreal's McGill University, said he aims to develop dinosaur traits that disappeared millions of years ago in birds.

Larsson believes by flipping certain genetic levers during a chicken embryo's development, he can reproduce the dinosaur anatomy, he told AFP in an interview.

Though still in its infancy, the research could eventually lead to hatching live prehistoric animals, but Larsson said there are no plans for that now, for ethical and practical reasons -- a dinosaur hatchery is "too large an enterprise."

"It's a demonstration of evolution," said Larsson, who has studied bird evolution for the last 10 years.

"If I can demonstrate clearly that the potential for dinosaur anatomical development exists in birds, then it again proves that birds are direct descendants of dinosaurs."

http://www.physorg.com/news170426405.html

jeff-goldblum.jpg

Last edited:
there was an entire 2 part show on this guy on Discovery - very interesting - the Canucks shall rule the world with our army of dinochickens!

The cork fighters around Crowley will love these.

Attachments

• Chicken-Dinosaur.jpg
    Chicken-Dinosaur.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 179
Actually, there are a BUNCH of well-respected scientists in this field, who believe the same can be done one day. Without reading the article, I know it involves genetically reverse engineering a large bird, such as an ostrich, by turning some genes off and others on. (Oversimplified, of course)

I know for a fact they have already been successful in manipulating a chicken's genes to where it turns back the clock and grows a long tail.

Exciting the things our children will see!

And creationists are crazy?

:ezbill:

Last edited:
Actually, there are a BUNCH of well-respected scientists in this field, who believe the same can be done one day. Without reading the article, I know it involves genetically reverse engineering a large bird, such as an ostrich, by turning some genes off and others on. (Oversimplified, of course)

I know for a fact they have already been successful in manipulating a chicken's genes to where it turns back the clock and grows a long tail.

Exciting the things our children will see!

saw that series, even had an chicken embryo grow teeth by manipulating genes

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FKss2pBYQ6Y&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FKss2pBYQ6Y&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Man, that's going to take a really huge box.........

popeyes_chicken_sh.jpg

Heck, I got one of them dinosaur thingies hung up in my den-

Attachments

• velociraptor-hunting-trophy-lg.jpg
    velociraptor-hunting-trophy-lg.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom