No love for Devery? (1 Viewer)

BigEasyWhoDats

Master of Wasted Time
Reaction score
I was listening to Bobby Hebert today and no1 that called in barely mentioned Devery. IMO he had two huge plays and had a big, if not bigger game than Colston. I've had my doubt about him, but he showed up and impressed me today.

i agree completely...much love for deverys performance today i want more of it!! :a_smil09:

I can agree with that!! A tough catch for a first down and two long TD's? a great game.

with Horn and Brown out, the Saints needed someone kind of surprising to come out of nowhere and pick up the slack....Henderson did a great job.

Devery showed up bigtime today. I think similar to a Donte Stallworth as far as consistency and big play ability. However, we should continue to incorporate him into our gameplan !!! COPPER did well too.

We are playing well as a TEAM.

I think Jim Haslet was a genious for keeping this guy on the bench and inactive for 2 season.

I truly hope his performance today moved him up to the #3 receiver behind Horn and Colston

I was impressed with devery, but have been fooled by him before. He has been in the league long enough that he should be putting a consistant performance on for the offense. Shaun Dawkins had a couple of really good games in New Orleans, where is he?

If Devery can tough it out and stay on the field, he'll have more days like this. He has tremendous speed and excellent RAC skills. Great game for Henderson!

I was listening to Bobby Hebert today and no1 that called in barely mentioned Devery. IMO he had two huge plays and had a big, if not bigger game than Colston. I've had my doubt about him, but he showed up and impressed me today.

Please don't put any stock in Hebert's fanbase...

Devery had a very good day, Copper made an unbelieveable catch and Colston was consistently great. Brees was simply phenomenal, avoiding the rush finding the open receiver and putting the ball where it needed to go. And not to forget, the offensive line did an outstanding job in pass protection. Kudos to all of the players and coaches.

Additionally, if you take out the last five minutes of the first half, the defense completely shut down the Bucs' offense. So kudos all around -- players, coaches, everyone.

Devery realized his considerable potential, if only for one game...but I suspect there will be more.

I almost cried after the second touchdown. You realize we've been waiting 40 years for a guy who could just run a fly pattern and score a touchdown, instead of scuttling around like a crab in the Abramowicz Zone?

Ken Burrough, Larry Burton, Wes Chandler, Michael Haynes, Eddie Kennison, Albert Connell, Donte Stallworth, etc., etc. What a great route and catch by Devery.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom