No Man's Sky [releases 6/21/2016] (1 Viewer)

so far, the main issue i have with the game is the lack of inventory space and the micromanaging of resources....that may change with suit upgrades though

i don't know if i will get 100 hours from the game but there is certainly 30-40 there...it's pretty cool planet hopping and trying to push forward to the unknown

so, i don't think this game lives up to the hype that people created for themselves...it's pretty heavy handed on the exploration/survival aspect and i can see how that is not for everyone

there is something interesting and unique but probably also niche...

i know that i want to keep playing right now, and that's pretty important in my book

You know a game sucks when there are millions of planets to explore and people still think it's boring after 1 day.

I watched Puma and random others play for a bit yesterday evening while playing Civ 5. While I love Terraria, I enjoyed Minecraft, and I had fun with Starbound and Stardew Valley, this game has none of those game's charm. The only impact a player can truly make on the environment is naming things. There is zero user creativity built into this game, which is what makes all those other survival/inventory management games endearing. In those games you can collect materials and then go use them to build various fortifications, as well as tools for survival, etc. Those type games have a variety of directions you can take, objectives you can set for yourself, and objects to create. At best this game could get 10 hours without any real objectives or user creativity. And I am stretching to get to that ten. Just for time comparison only, most god of war games take about 15 hours to play through. So far everything I've seen is mix and match creatures and planets with absolutely limited variety.

If yall enjoy this poop festival, get Terraria on PS4 or PC and let's build some **** and kill some bosses.

At first I thought I was going to get this game, now I am more and more doubtful. After someone on another site mentioned Eve Valkyrie, I think that might be more of what I am looking for...multiplayer space simulation.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I_mpiLwAYT8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW they are supposed to be adding base building in as free content later. Does seem a bit empty world, but I think the ships and learning alien languages and stuff could keep you going for a bit. Been watching Dick Hammer, EdEMonster, ActaBunni, and a few others. Interesting how some race to see new systems, some just grind out their suit and others work on the ship. Does seem kind of like a lot was left on the cutting room floor though. The interaction with the aliens seems like it could have had legs but is really shallow and the critters are just stuff to scan and turn away from, not even used as crafting fodder.

Most reviews online: Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle

Also the PC version is borked

Naughty developers

Most reviews online: Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle

Also the PC version is borked

Naughty developers

I don't think I'm going to reinvest in my PC until HL3. The last game I bought was Tomb Raider and it plays horribly. I did try the Forza beta and it's incredible. So maybe I'll get that. But I think consoles are where it's at for me now. And that's coming from a longtime PC gamer who did not own a console from the Genesis until the later stages of the PS3.

Sounds like I'm waiting until it's around $20, if ever.

I had three rather broken glitches hit back to back to back earlier (this is on top of a few random game crashes).

The first glitch, I went to land my ship and like usual, instead of putting down where I want, it slowly comes in off path and lands wherever it feels. This time, the landing was on top of a huge tree and when I got out, I fell all the way to the ground. As I stood there looking at my ship sitting on a tree, I was attacked...and in the ongoing melee, I hit the tree once with my laser and it just poofed...leaving my ship floating so high in the air I couldn't reach it. I had to reload the game.

The second glitch also featured landing my ship. This time, I landed in an open field and when I popped out, I fell through the ground and into the middle of the planet where I just kind of floated about in nothing. Again, I had to reload the game.

The third glitch, again dealing with my ship, but this time when I launched. Instead of launching and going into a slow and low fly like usual, I shot directly into the air, through the atmosphere and out into space. In fact, there was a moon just outside the planet and it about shot me halfway to the moon...all within about a 1 second span.

Another note, I've really only been pushing hard with the Gek language and history. For little Pixar looking cute aliens, they sure are ruthless in their backstory.

I broke down and perordered at the last minute after watching ManVsGame talk about everything that's wrong with the game. Objectively it's bad with a lot of stupid decisions, and the PC version isn't terribly stable (not a TES game, but crashes every 2-3 hours). You can name every stupid animal or plant on a planet you'll never return to, but can't name the ship you'll be using for hours or days. It is shallow as a puddle in variation, and in crafting depth, but despite all this I'm enjoying it more than I should. I doubt I'll get 100+ hours, but I'm having fun in the kiddie pool.

I've been on close to 20 planets now and the only Gek I've run into is Polo on anomalies every few systems when they try to get you back on the Atlas path.

So I get that the upgrades have the additional Greek alphabet word at the end, to show the difference in quality. However, I'm hitting new equipment that isn't named in the same manner. (New item is called Photonix Core, its a pulse engine companion) Is there any other way to see if its a better upgrade than what I have, without just building it and using it?

Those should tell you what they do, no? Like lower fuel use, higher mobility etc?

anyone get the Atlas Pass V2? the V1 opens up a suit upgrade in every new space station you find. they go up in price by 10k units each time but they are well worth the cost...

gold and emiril seem to be a quick way to farm units...any other ideas on making money??

i need about 7 mil to buy a beast of a ship

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom