No Man's Sky [releases 6/21/2016] (2 Viewers)

I'm going to hit 60 hours easily, so am having fun, but https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4y4i3a/wheres_the_nms_we_were_sold_on_front_page/ has a really thorough and honest list with links and evidence of exactly how scummy the top level devs and promoters have been with NMS, including using material in release trailers that they knew was cut from the game. People that are ticked off have some reason (I know there are always whiners, but man I didn't follow the press on this the last few months and they were outlying Trump and Clinton combined).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RvAwB7ogkik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I played for about 2 hours last night. In the game, every time you get out of your ship, it saves the game. I upgraded my multi-tool from 14 to 23 during that time slot. I went to warp to another system and the game crashed (oddly it only took the 2 hours this time, it usually comes every 15 minutes). When I loaded back up, I had lost everything. I guess the game hadn't been saving?

someone else's opinion

while i think that guy brings up some valid points about the game, i also think it's funny to watch you continue to try to validate your worthless opinion by posting someones thoughts on a game you will never play....

maybe you should just stick to card games and handys at the bay, which are the only things you are good at

while i think that guy brings up some valid points about the game, i also think it's funny to watch you continue to try to validate your worthless opinion by posting someones thoughts on a game you will never play....

maybe you should just stick to card games and handys at the bay, which are the only things you are good at

The truth is I truly wanted the game to be the epic and exciting title the developers have been telling us it would be. I have had it on my Steam wish list for a long time now.

However, a game so large in scope would have been a daunting accomplishment for a large studio, let alone Hello Games attempting to pull it off. If there was ever a game to avoid pre-ordering (which should never be done anyway) and letting the overzealous crowd be the guinea pigs on, it's this one.

Also, discounting a popular post made by someone playing the game just because it was posted by someone who hasn't seems arbitrary, indefensible and a little weak-minded. At the time I posted this it was the most upvoted comment in a gaming-centric subreddit full of gamers. It seemed like it held appropriate weight.

Finally, I don't know if you've noticed this but most of the people (yourself included) who badger me on Hearthstone have never touched the game in over 2 years. I just don't use it as a defense against them because my spine is stiffer than that.

Also, discounting a popular post made by someone playing the game just because it was posted by someone who hasn't seems arbitrary, indefensible and a little weak-minded. At the time I posted this it was the most upvoted comment in a gaming-centric subreddit full of gamers. It seemed like it held appropriate weight.

Reddit is a nasty little corner of the internet for pervs and narcissistic Luddites.

The truth is I truly wanted the game to be the epic and exciting title the developers have been telling us it would be. I have had it on my Steam wish list for a long time now.

it might not be as epic and exciting as the developer thinks it is but i would expect Hello Games to be giddy about a game they are creating...i mean, it's kind of their life's work at this point....if you have problems buying into hype, that is your own fault....

However, a game so large in scope would have been a daunting accomplishment for a large studio, let alone Hello Games attempting to pull it off. If there was ever a game to avoid pre-ordering (which should never be done anyway) and letting the overzealous crowd be the guinea pigs on, it's this one.

you know, if this game would have been sold for $30, people would probably be saying the exact opposite...but becuase it has the AAA price tag, people think it needs to be AAA quality....meanwhile, 10 freaking people made this game....10 people...not 1000

and what is the hangup with preordering games?? you seem to just be parroting other people again, so why is this a problem?? i was going to buy it anyway, so preordering just makes things easier...games just show up at my house on Tuesdays....it's pretty nice, actually

i said he had valid points, which i would gladly discuss with him since he actually played the game...i am not sure why his opinion is so important to you though...

Finally, I don't know if you've noticed this but most of the people (yourself included) who badger me on Hearthstone have never touched the game in over 2 years. I just don't use it as a defense against them because my spine is stiffer than that.

:mecry:

The lengths that anita goes to in order to defend a console exclusive Playstation game is truly a beautiful thing.

i wasn't actually defending the game, i was more just pointing out that whofatdiva is a lemming

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="xeKHfZv"><a href="//imgur.com/xeKHfZv">Uh...</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

i wasn't actually defending the game, i was more just pointing out that whofatdiva is a lemming

Sorry. I just assumed the essays you posted in response to criticism were defending the game.

Sorry. I just assumed the essays you posted in response to criticism were defending the game.

hey, i do actually like the game...it's not for everyone

but Deus Ex comes on Tuesday so i will probably be done with it for a while

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom