No Man's Sky [releases 6/21/2016] (1 Viewer)

My black hole only opens to express methane and drop kids off at the pool.

over hyped Indie Game with top level marketing for 60 bucks.

Now go play Rimworld for 30 bucks with only word of mouth marketing.... a game in alpha format still a couple years from official 1.0 release. I am around 130 hours of play time.

See this is the true pleasure of PC gaming, it isn't the fancy orgasmic graphics. It is finding Gems during the development process and getting to experience the game's growth as it is created.
Tynan may take more than a few years to finish. Just saying. My bet is 6-8 years total time based on how long Starbound went (I think he started three and half years ago). Now, not bad, because both games were worth the price during alpha. I started playing it later than some in Summer of 2014. It's changed, for the better, but not so drastic that it'd surprise you. I have no problem with the long dev, because I've got a decent time waster in hand already ;)

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/56nz4y/no_man_sky_has_broken_the_lowest_rating_record_on/

quJYNxf.png

so, two years later, No Man's Sky has changed quite a bit...a big update titled 'Next' was released last week

i have played a few hours and it definitely has improved....it's still an exploration/resource hoarding game at heart but there seems to be a lot more to do...and there is multiplayer/coop

i know some people like to relish in their video game induced butt hurt, but if you liked the premise of the game 2 years ago, it's worth checking out again now...and it's free if you own the game

so, two years later, No Man's Sky has changed quite a bit...a big update titled 'Next' was released last week

i have played a few hours and it definitely has improved....it's still an exploration/resource hoarding game at heart but there seems to be a lot more to do...and there is multiplayer/coop

i know some people like to relish in their video game induced butt hurt, but if you liked the premise of the game 2 years ago, it's worth checking out again now...and it's free if you own the game

So it's more like Xcom now?

I was wondering why you were playing this again recently...

I'd rather run my night club in GTA V.

I was wondering why you were playing this again recently...

I'd rather run my night club in GTA V.

the problem i have with GTA is that it's only fun with a group....it's the moment to moment chaos that makes it fun and then when the dust settles from that, you haven't really accomplished much of anything....and of course, nobody is doing the heists

the problem i have with GTA is that it's only fun with a group....it's the moment to moment chaos that makes it fun and then when the dust settles from that, you haven't really accomplished much of anything....and of course, nobody is doing the heists

I'd be game.

That being said, setting up the new Club is actually a few fun missions.

I do miss it when you guys would all be one, because we could have an instance of the game to ourselves to not get killed by some random butt crevasse.

No Man Sky is now Exhibit A in the alpha/beta testing phase of video gaming we are in. It took 2 years from the "1.0" release to get to the game they were promising. They were forced into a release window by their publisher/contract, instead of being able to tell people this was a beta release. People would more accommodating to these releases if they knew is was beta and weren't being told the games are completed. It seems crazy that God Of War is praised for being a complete gaming experience, since it's not the norm any more.

Should be fun to play with my nephew.

Tynan may take more than a few years to finish. Just saying. My bet is 6-8 years total time based on how long Starbound went (I think he started three and half years ago).

For betting's sake, Rimworld is slated for 1.0 this year.

Old:mecry:

New :cry:

The new crying emoji is pretty terrible. Much like Anita's crying about GTA V.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom