No Man's Sky [releases 6/21/2016] (1 Viewer)

I'd be game.

That being said, setting up the new Club is actually a few fun missions.

I do miss it when you guys would all be one, because we could have an instance of the game to ourselves to not get killed by some random butt crevasse.

the club setup missions were just fetch quests with nothing but driving

No Man Sky is now Exhibit A in the alpha/beta testing phase of video gaming we are in. It took 2 years from the "1.0" release to get to the game they were promising. They were forced into a release window by their publisher/contract, instead of being able to tell people this was a beta release. People would more accommodating to these releases if they knew is was beta and weren't being told the games are completed. It seems crazy that God Of War is praised for being a complete gaming experience, since it's not the norm any more.

Should be fun to play with my nephew.

yeah, i tend to think Sony pushed NMS out the door and forced Hello Games to take the fall...if the game had been released in this current state, it would have been received much better...that being said, the game still has some issues and it's probably not going to win everyone back but it's about 1000x better than the original release....

the club setup missions were just fetch quests with nothing but driving

Well, that's the whole game.

I mean, the small story and characters were a welcome diversion. Better than when you buy the Motorcycle club and really nothing happens.

so, someone recommended this game which just got an update or patch or something - anyone play it since?

so, someone recommended this game which just got an update or patch or something - anyone play it since?

I put about 40 hours in after the ‘Next’ update. They basically deliverd on everything they promised from the beginning. It’s essentially a sci-fi Minecraft at this point. It’s actually quite relaxing to play. If you can get it for cheap, you should give it a try. Though It’s not for everyone.

Last edited:
thanks, man - that's essentially what I'd heard. That the game, when it was released, wasn't really finished and they made lofty promises that they didn't/couldn't deliver on. This "Next" put into the game what it was supposed to have at release. It was more expansive - added (more) PvP content? Essentially, a game recommended to check out if I could get it on sale.

I remember years ago the hype around the game and then it cratered - and i went from "I'll check it out" to "Welp, I guess it's the plague"

thanks, man - that's essentially what I'd heard. That the game, when it was released, wasn't really finished and they made lofty promises that they didn't/couldn't deliver on. This "Next" put into the game what it was supposed to have at release. It was more expansive - added (more) PvP content? Essentially, a game recommended to check out if I could get it on sale.

I remember years ago the hype around the game and then it cratered - and i went from "I'll check it out" to "Welp, I guess it's the plague"

if you get it, check around the web for tips....there is a ton of good info out there...from finding better multi-tools to how you arrange the upgrade modules on things to give them stat boosts...

the game is pretty bad at explaining how things work but the info is out there on the internet

For betting's sake, Rimworld is slated for 1.0 this year.
1.0 released a week and half ago. Game is still addicting, and perfect for watching Netflix on the other monitor so I can get through shows that Netflix is removing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom