No mincing words here. Taysom answered his critics. (1 Viewer)

I like how Payton used him, as I thought it was primarily as a QB until we hit the red zone, which is where space is at a premium and Taysom's potential to throw erases angles that the defense would normally have. On his 2nd TD run you could see Jones had to respect the throwing lane and defensive space he was responsible for, which made his pursuit to Taysom a step late. That was the difference between Taysom out at the 5 yard line and the actual Taysom TD run. Games are won and lost on those margins. Taysom does not have to be all-world to justify being a starting QB. He just has to stress defenses enough WHERE IT MATTERS to justify earning the gig. And he certainly did today.

Now can he stay healthy? I guess we'll get a 3 to 5 game sampler on that question the next several weeks.

He played far better than I thought he would. I thought his completion percentage would be in the 57-60% range. Good game plan, good execution. He still floats those deep ones but as long as they're in the arsenal, it keeps defenses honest.

He also had an easy interception that was dropped and coughed up a fumble in the 4th qtr again.

This is the biggest red flag for me. It's a problem that has happened in multiple games. He actually fumbled earlier in the game as well, but was able to recover it.

I'm not sold yet on Taysom, especially in beating the hapless Falcons. He still has a few things that must be fixed (protecting the ball being 1st) to win me over.

This is the biggest red flag for me. It's a problem that has happened in multiple games. He actually fumbled earlier in the game as well, but was able to recover it.

I'm not sold yet on Taysom, especially in beating the hapless Falcons. He still has a few things that must be fixed (protecting the ball being 1st) to win me over.
The defender made a good play. I don’t think a one handed interception is an “easy play”

Despite all that, you have to admit that he did better than expected.

No doubt this first game felt so much better than Teddy's first game. (And I like TB). Knowing there is room for improvement gives me even more confidence. I think we have a keeper! Let the Winston comment's fade out and let him ride into the sunset.

Yes, he needs to fix the fumbling issues. And yes, he needs to work on his deep ball (I think it’s a timing issue and he waits too long to let it fly). But overall, he played a great game. most of his passes were on point, and he brings a dimension to the running game that few other QBs possess.

Very encouraging for his first game, and he’ll probably only get better as he gets more comfortable.

As I said. He can throw it. The evidence was there in the pre season. He just needed an opportunity. He got it. We will be fine with him at the helm. He does need to work on ball security. It will only get better from here. He can make this offense better than it was. Which is scary. Love it.

First ever NFL start at QB. I’d say he did really well, aside from the fumble, which was a great defensive play. He’s got to be more protective of the ball, but I really think there’s a lot to work with. His passes looked pretty good for the most part, and he looked comfortable going through progressions. I think he can only get better with more playing time. Good game and good total team win.

Ok so he almost threw an Int which honestly was a great play by the LB, Jamie’s threw about the easiest Int that was dropped last game... his fumbling issues yes that not good I’m sure that will take time but he also makes plays with his legs so it’s going to happen he is not perfect!

He played ok, but had a turnover and almost had a couple of picks. We played Atlanta so there's that. On the road next 3 weeks so let's see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom