No mincing words here. Taysom answered his critics. (1 Viewer)

This was his fist NFL start. Over 70% comp rate. 2 rushing TDs. And a blow out win over a division rival who had started to turn their season around at 3-1 over the last 4.

Yeah. If you’re complaining. You need to watch more football.

He was exactly what we needed and just about what I expected.

We can win with Taysom.

He played well, particularly after half-time. In fact, he was probably as good as we could have realistically expected. I’m wary of anointing him a full-time pro starter on the back of one performance though. His body of work over his college career suggests we should be a little wary before proclaiming anything or telling people to eat crow.

Cautiously optimistic though, and pleased for him as well. So far, so good.

Last week, I read about how the early season Falcons weren't the Falcons of late. I read that of the 4 games coming up, we would definitely lose one to the Falcons as that always happens. This week, with Taysom in at QB and a solid performance resulting in a comfortable win... that we all need perspective, it was only the Falcons. I'm confused.

I imagine most of those national media critics will be silent or nit pick his success rather than give that man his flowers.

Yep. I’ve heard one national broadcast comment on it and basically said he had some nice throws but isn’t the long term answer.

Had Jamies had the exact same stat line, I guarantee the opinion would’ve been “look how efficient he was, I’m not sure Brees will get the job back”.

I'm readying myself for the same bs tomorrow

I think Taysom had a great game.

But he definitely showed plenty of red flags. Taysom GREATLY(like 10-15yards) under threw the touchdown pass to #17. That pass was terrible and should have been an INT/incomplete but the receiver played that perfectly. Same thing with the TD pass that was called back due to holding.

He also had an easy interception that was dropped and coughed up a fumble in the 4th qtr again.

I’m not saying he had a bad game at all. Infact I think he played pretty great all things considered.
The long passes were short, but maybe he intentionally threw them short, since like you said, had he thrown them in stride, they would've been incomplete. Also, that would not have been an easy interception. On the replay, it was clear that the defender barely got one hand on the ball as he reached out to block the ball. It would've taken a phenomenal effort to intercept that ball. Even the fumble only occurred after a fantastic long run, which flipped the field, even after the fumble. I agree that he needs to work on ball security on the runs, but he showed he could be a terrific QB. Almost all of his passes were accurate, which is why he completed 78,3% of the passes, with one accurate pass dropped by Mr. Reliable. The only red flags I saw were that he didn't call audibles, was a little slow in progressions, and fumbles on runs. Those can all be improved, so I saw mostly surprising positives. I was skeptical, but he had a terrific game. The questions that remain for me are whether he can keep it up, and whether he can handle a game in which we get behind that will put the pressure on him to pass it much more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom