No mincing words here. Taysom answered his critics. (1 Viewer)

Since the announcement I have been telling everyone I thought it was a mistake and I wanted to see what Winston could do with CSP. I was glad to be proven wrong, Taysom played better then I expected and the game plan didnt look anything like I thought it would.

I was definitely anti-Taysom as the starter with the caveat that I trusted Payton since he sees a lot more than we do.

Taysom played well. As good as you could hope for a first start.

Were there a couple of glaring bad things? Sure. There was an errant throw in the red zone, the ball off the helmet, the floater of the deep ball and the fumble.

But there was A LOT more good. You can see how his ability to run and throw deep open up the offense. And he would be getting even more shine if that deep TD to Sanders weren’t taken off the board.

Very happy for him and happy to get a W against a divisional opponent.

"He will only get better you do know that right?"

He's in his 30s. I don't know how much better u think he can get but I'm here for it 👍🏽

I would say from the first half to the second he got better. Hoping to see that trend continue!

Brees' hands are freakishly big, but QBs can be successful with smaller hands, particularly if you add other dynamics like great running ability. Taysom's hands are small compared to most starting QBs, but there are some notable exceptions that have been successful with small hands. Taysom's hands are 8.75 inches, but Goff and Joe Burrows' are only 9 inches, Kyler Murray's are 8 5/8, and Mike Vick has 8.5 inch hands.

Dang ... I should have been a Quarterback

1606116658256.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom