No more Jared Cook {?} (1 Viewer)

I'm still mad that he was the one negative in our 38-3 trouncing of Tampa and you'd think he'd be super careful with ball security vs them after that but yet he fumbled the momentum again

Exactly!! People seem to forget about that fumble in that Bucs trouncing. You know that had to be a key coaching point for the Bucs coming into the playoff game. Cook never learned his lesson and held the ball way too loose, especially in that situation as we were driving to another score with a seven point lead. Will be glad to see him gone - not clutch.

That's not what I observed - quite the opposite....he seemed to have a lot of passion, but got very down on himself after every mistake, almost like he "cared too much" and became a bit of a head case.

There was a game where he was pretty much telling Brees that he didn't know what he was talking about. Might've been the Kamara 6 TD game. Brees said something to him and Cook went, "man" and the camera moved away but nothing ever good comes from man. His attitude was that he didn't want to hear it.

He almost changed my mind on him last year when he started to get hot but if you go back to the thread from when we signed him I didn't see him doing anything special with us. He sucked his whole career until the one year with Gruden, his 10th in the league. No one turns it on and becomes awesome in their 10th year. Maybe if we got our hands on him years earlier he might've turned out better.

His fumble cost the Saints crucial points AND the game in my opinion. There was no excuse for not holding on to that ball when EVERYONE knew the defender was right behind him. NO EXCUSE FOR THAT. I am very disappointed in his overall performance this year.

I’ve been disappointed in his overall performance since he’s been here. Talented but never came close to living up to the hype. Inconsistent to say the least.

I’ve been disappointed in his overall performance since he’s been here. Talented but never came close to living up to the hype. Inconsistent to say the least.
And the Saints hyped him up before the season saying he would be unstoppable. I guess they were right, we couldn't stop him from disappearing!

Maybe this is unfair but he was the ONLY blemish on our second Tampa Bay game and he costed us the playoff game. Good bye and good riddance. I even remember a miscommunication in another game costing us either an INT or a missed opportunity and when Brees tried to talk to him he sulked like a middle schooler who had NO interest in what the teacher was saying. Again, good bye and good riddance.

Maybe this is unfair but he was the ONLY blemish on our second Tampa Bay game and he costed us the playoff game. Good bye and good riddance. I even remember a miscommunication in another game costing us either an INT or a missed opportunity and when Brees tried to talk to him he sulked like a middleschooler who had NO interest in what the teacher was saying. Again, good bye and good riddance.

That's the play I mentioned. He didn't want to hear it and it seemed to me like he was going to say that Brees was wrong but that's speculation.

Anybody remember in the 2019 season during the Rams game, how he had a first-drive-altering drop that forced us to pass in which the next play Brees got injured. yup.

He almost changed my mind on him last year when he started to get hot but if you go back to the thread from when we signed him I didn't see him doing anything special with us. He sucked his whole career until the one year with Gruden, his 10th in the league. No one turns it on and becomes awesome in their 10th year. Maybe if we got our hands on him years earlier he might've turned out better.
Rich Gannon was a journeyman backup type until his 12th season, when he turned it on and had 4 elite seasons, but he’s probably the exception that proves the rule.

That's not what I observed - quite the opposite....he seemed to have a lot of passion, but got very down on himself after every mistake, almost like he "cared too much" and became a bit of a head case.
WHAT GAMES WERE YOU WATCHING ? This guy had no passion for the game . Ive seen Drew try to talk to him after one of his frequent screw ups and it was as if he didn’t care and just brushed Drew off . Dominant players ask for and want the ball at crucial times but this guy was a joke and always made mistakes that cost games . Marshall Faulk made a quote that comes to mind and it says , Special Players make special plays on special days . ( PLAYOFFS ) SUPER BOWLS )

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom