No more Jared Cook {?} (1 Viewer)

Cook had all the physical attributes and experience, but his recent play was about as exciting as a wet blanket.

Last edited:
I liked him and thought he had several great plays. But it sure seemed like he was the opposite of clutch. When the game was on the line and we needed to keep going, he pretty consistently choked. Not sure if the pressure was too much for him. The fumble hurt bad and cost us a good opportunity to take a commanding lead and control the game.
The interception was also terrible. The untipped pass went right past his hands to bounce of his shoulder. He looked more like a defensive back on that play than a receiver.
I don't have ill will towards him. I don't think it was a lack of effort. I just feel like the pressure affected his play.

Maddeningly inconsistent. Those are the best words I can think of to describe Cook. There he is catching a crucial third down throw, and on the next play, there he is fumbling it away.

And there he is sinking Drew's last game in the Dome. Fumbling one away on a momentum-grabbing drive which could have put us up by 2 scores. Then missing a catch which results in an interception that seals the deal.

Bye, Jared. Thanks for the plays you made, but I'm glad you're not here any more.

With Cook it is what it is. The Saints should have never trusted him in that spot. That is what happens when you move off your proven ball security guys or playmakers.

Going to Cook when the game is in the balance is almost Akin to having a bench who rarely plays taking a critical 3 point shot with 20 seconds left in the game. He misses, the opposing team gets rebound and drains a shot that gives em the lead and the game.

I mean it was his MO. His best season was in Oakland when he caught 67% of his passes and 896 yds. His next season (first year with us) was just a tick below those stats but he fell off a cliff and back into his normal production this season. He's a 60% catches 500 yds a season slightly above average TE in a monster TE body.

Its just who his is. But we needed to upgrade so it was a solid move but it ran its course.
But those stats just don’t tell the story. Dropped passes in the end zone… Fumbles. Just utter incompetence at the worst moments of the game. And those moments dont show up on the stat sheet. When he fumbled we were driving to the red zone and had a seven point lead. That fumble absolutely crushed our momentum. He also just didn’t look like he gave a crap. Drew would try to tell him what he did wrong and he wasn’t having it. We really don’t need attitude like that on the sideline.

Can't say that I'll miss seeing him in a Saints uni. How many interceptions did he cause with his careless play over the last couple of years? I can remember 3 right off the top of my head.

Jared Cook’s inconsistency with drops, fumbles, poor offensive awareness in the past two seasons made me miss Ben Watson.

Cook would’ve been a beast if he could correct those flaws but it continued just like it did when he played with the Raiders and Rams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom