No More Peel Back Blocks/Overloading on FG, PAT Attempts (2 Viewers)

RT3

SR is my life!
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/judybattistaJudy Battista &#8207;<s>@</s>judybattista Ban on peel back blocks and overloading on FG and PAT tries approves by owners. No other rule change votes taken yet.
more rule changes may be coming... including the removal of the "tuck rule" IIRC

edit:

Jason La Canfora &#8207;<s>@</s>JasonLaCanfora <small class="time"> 3m </small> NFL passes the measures on the tuck rule and the rule change regarding penalties for ball carriers striking with their helmets
tuck rule gone... but here come penalties for ball carriers lowering their head

No more peel back blocks, what effect does this have on our offense? Did we use peel backs often?

i think thats when someone is chasing the ball carrier up field and someone up field turns back around to come and throw down a block. These usually are blind-siding hits
Kurt Warner likes this change

edit: and whoever that decleater was on... thrown by Jo-lonn Dunbar during 1 of Reggie Bush's 2 punt returns for TD against the Vikings on MNF in 2008

more rule changes may be coming... including the removal of the "tuck rule" IIRC

the running back rule is stupid and idiotic because
1. you make a rule you cant hit high so now defenders dive head first at the body
2. now you make a rule that will leave running backs most humanly least protected area and unprotected. the organs and ribs. so now defenders will begin to spear runners in there stomach area which can cuz internal bleeding and more broken ribs. there is no real protection for that
3. now runners knees will be more supect too because runners will stand straight up

what bothers me is im not a doctor or run any organization and dont have billions of dollars but have common sense which is apparent that these people dont have
the tuck rule needs to change because i think its dumb that sometimes its the tuck rule sometimes its intentional grounding if it doesnt reach the line of scrimmage just dependig

Man, I don't want to watch those big ole football players playing in lingerie!!! :angryrazz:
Man, can you imagine will smith and wilfork playing in lingerie? :mwink:
wince+wilfork+2.jpg

Or even better..mount cody

Terrance-Cody2.jpg

At least he's got **** :jpshakehead:

Can't they get rid of chopblocking? I'm looking at you, Texans.

What I was thinking. All these rule changes but they won't outlaw 300 pound men diving at another man's knees?

Knee injuries don't get them sued though so it's no big deal I guess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom