No More Seafood by 2050? (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Seafood could collapse by 2050, experts warn
Overfishing, pollution, warming are destroying stocks, study finds

WASHINGTON - Clambakes, crabcakes, swordfish steaks and even humble fish sticks could be little more than a fond memory in a few decades.

If current trends of overfishing and pollution continue, by 2050 the populations of just about all seafood face collapse, defined as 90 percent depletion, a team of ecologists and economists warns in a study published in Friday’s issue of the journal Science..............

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15532333/?GT1=8717

Last edited:
That will make my workplace microwave happy.

While I do believe it is a serious concern, I think it is a bit far fetched at this point. But, better to be prudent early rather than late.

While I do believe it is a serious concern, I think it is a bit far fetched at this point. But, better to be prudent early rather than late.

I think the point of this is that it's a projection, not a prediction--meaning that we can't continue operating the same ways we have in the past.

The only seafood we will have is Talapia, Catfish, and farm raised Salmon. I wonder if how many entrepeneurs are thinking of ways to raise King Crab, Lobster, and Oysters in captivity?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom