No one has coached as many games and lost as many of them as Dennis Allen. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The New Orleans Saints are 4-9 under his management this season. He’s lost 37 of his 49 games as a head coach in the NFL, making for a career winning percentage of just .245. For context, 17 different coaches have worked 48 to 50 games in the league. Allen ranks second-to-last in winning percentage out of that group, with only Rod Marinelli (.208 in 48 games) finishing below him.

A few more losses and we’ll have the worst head coach in NFL history.

Last edited:
What about Rick Venturi-- or were most of his losses as an interim coach?

The New Orleans Saints are 4-9 under his management this season. He’s lost 37 of his 49 games as a head coach in the NFL, making for a career winning percentage of just .245. For context, 17 different coaches have worked 48 to 50 games in the league. Allen ranks second-to-last in winning percentage out of that group, with only Rod Marinelli (.208 in 48 games) finishing below him.

A few more losses and we’ll have the worst head coach in NFL history.

This the data that Gayle needs to see or made aware of

Dan Campbell aka MCDC who took over one of the worst teams in NFL history, the Detroit Lions, has a higher winning percentage while rebuilding in Detroit than Dennis Allen with the Saints.

Because the team buys into what he's doing. His guys are playing with their hair on fire every week. I watched Hard Knocks, he's a bigger Sean Payton who cusses more.

2022 Dennis Allen Body of Work.....

1) Embarrassing pursuit of DeShaun Watson
2) Crawled back to Jameis only to never actually give him a chance
3) Gave up on CJGJ
4) 4-9
5) 31st in turnover differential (the only team worse is the Colts who already fired their coach)
6) 31st in penalties (meaning we have the 2nd most including the most False Start penalties, 22)

I blame Allen for the offseason stuff based on the philosophy I've heard Loomis express in the past,.... He's there to help the coach get the team he wants on the field. I assume Watson was who Dennis Allen wanted, and I assume Allen wanted CJGJ gone

Because the team buys into what he's doing. His guys are playing with their hair on fire every week. I watched Hard Knocks, he's a bigger Sean Payton who cusses more.

5 of the Lions 7 losses are by 4 points or less. With a team woefully less talented than the Saints. With a DC who is obviously unfit. The Lions currently are holding two picks in the top 15 of next year's draft. Their future is bright.

I am so mad that I wish I was a Lions fan right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom