No one interested on Sedrick Ellis? (2 Viewers)

IMO - He is the first of three (3) first rounders that will not be offered a renewal contract by the Saints. Really sad but the old inflated rookie contracts made it so easy for those guys to cash it in and not improve as we hoped.

IMO - He is the first of three (3) first rounders that will not be offered a renewal contract by the Saints. Really sad but the old inflated rookie contracts made it so easy for those guys to cash it in and not improve as we hoped.

Shoot, he is actually #2 (Meachem last year). I assume you alluding to Jenkins and P.Rob. Jury is still out on them IMO...not looking good though.

Really is sad though, we have not done well in the 1st round. Sure we got guys who have contributed somewhat and started, but no real top quality players.

If the $ is right I would deft bring Sed back. He could be a decent 3 tech but also be the inside pass rusher in our 4 man lines. I think Ellis has been handcuffed by having 0 help at the other DT spot or even having DEs that command a double team. Guy was double teamed more than anyone on the team and actually had a few very productive seasons and a really good 1 in GWs scheme when he was allowed to be a pass rusher instead of a NT. I'm not a big Sed fan but still think at the right price he could provide great depth and value.

Shoot, he is actually #2 (Meachem last year). I assume you alluding to Jenkins and P.Rob. Jury is still out on them IMO...not looking good though.

Really is sad though, we have not done well in the 1st round. Sure we got guys who have contributed somewhat and started, but no real top quality players.
This.

It's been a weird fa. Lots of vets being overlooked.

On the '09 team, so will have a special place in my heart, but pretty close to forgettable.

He was nowhere near as bust-y (in either sense) as Johnathan Sullivan. Not even within metric tons of disappointment. But I never could really tell if he wasn't trying or just wasn't very good against pro competition.

He's actually the third in a row:
* Reggie Bush only restructured, his rookie contract ran through 2011.
* Robert Meachem signed a deal through 2011 and left without a renewal.
* Ellis will be the third.

Jammal Brown was the last 1st round player who got second deal.

We'll find out about Jenkins next year, as even if they love him they're not going to do an early extension with our cap issues.

We all know Robinson has practically zero chance of a new contract. We've signed Lewis, are still considering Porter or Asomugha putting him at 4th at best on the depth chart. I'm 99% certain that barring injury Jordan will break the streak if Jenkins doesn't.

On the '09 team, so will have a special place in my heart, but pretty close to forgettable.

...I never could really tell if he wasn't trying or just wasn't very good against pro competition.

Yes he will always be a part of that 09 magic so lets remember him well.

To me he just seemed too smallish for a NFL DT in this century. I DO think he had a good work ethic. It just couldn't compensate for his size.

Disregarding his first round expectations, I'll remember Ellis as just another player that rose to the occasion or "played over his head" when it mattered. Put him right there on the shelf next to Pig Goff.

If you really want to see what a bust looks like, check your dictionaries. There's a picture of Johnathan Sullivan next to it. :)

Big Sed isn't worried , he has his investments (cars) to fall back on.

We all know Robinson has practically zero chance of a new contract. We've signed Lewis, are still considering Porter or Asomugha putting him at 4th at best on the depth chart. I'm 99% certain that barring injury Jordan will break the streak if Jenkins doesn't.

Before being thrust into a zone scheme in 2012 Robinson outplayed Porter and won the starting job opposite Greer. He went on to hold QB's to their 5th lowest QB rating of any CB in the NFL while Porter gave up a 71.8% completion percentage. If Porter is re-signed Robinson will remain our nickleback.

2012 proved just how bad scheme can affect a players performance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom