No one interested on Sedrick Ellis? (1 Viewer)

Mama Ellis took Sheldon Richardson in her mock ...

I think the million dollar question is what happened to Ellis. The guy was strong, quick, and relentless. He had a great motor. Then, suddenly, motor gone. He has had injuries, but none were disclosed this year or disclosed after the fact as a reason for poor performance. (remember we all threw Will Smith under the bus in 2008, then found out he had a double hernia and played through it).

So, what gives? Did he just give up on football? Is there a personal or family thing going on? How does a high motor guy just lose his motor? It wasn't like he walked into his career lethargic, he played 3 pretty solid years, then one so-so, then one non-existant one.

Did he just rely on youth? If so, that's gone, obviously.

It bothers me...

Why kick a man when he is down. I don't remember him trashing the organization , city, or fans .

Theyre the "love to hate fans". The smartest guys at the bars, couch coaches, and Madden GMs. I LOVE Saintsreport, but the sites morbidly obese with them.

Remember when Reggie Bush had the top selling jersey in the league? What about the entire dome chanting Reggie every time he was on the field about to return a punt? Remember when drafting Bush and signing Brees pretty much saved the team from any risk moving to L.A.? The same guy that helped run up an absurd waiting list for season tickets after most assumed New Orleans couldn't support a team after Katrina.

People don't hate on Ellis because he is from USC. They don't like Ellis because he was terrible. It is extremely rare to see a former top 10 pick not have a single team kick the tires after 4 seasons with no off the field issues. People don't get upset with Ingram because he is from Alabama, it has everything with him being a 1st round pick that is outperformed by every other RB on the team but repeatedly still given the chance to be the main back.

If the college a player went to had any impact then explain how Archie and Deuce are two of the most liked Saints in history despite playing at Ole Miss who is one of LSU's biggest rivals.

If you perform people don't care where you came from. If you don't perform people don't care where you came from.

Just ask Devery Henderson how much people cared that he went to LSU after he was dropping balls his first few seasons.

Ellis will play somewhere this year. If you want a real bust look at Sully. Ellis was not a bust.

I think the million dollar question is what happened to Ellis. The guy was strong, quick, and relentless. He had a great motor. Then, suddenly, motor gone. He has had injuries, but none were disclosed this year or disclosed after the fact as a reason for poor performance. (remember we all threw Will Smith under the bus in 2008, then found out he had a double hernia and played through it).

So, what gives? Did he just give up on football? Is there a personal or family thing going on? How does a high motor guy just lose his motor? It wasn't like he walked into his career lethargic, he played 3 pretty solid years, then one so-so, then one non-existant one.

Did he just rely on youth? If so, that's gone, obviously.

It bothers me...

U and me both... before the draft this guy looked like he was going to be dominant, I was as pumped about drafting him as I had been anyone on that side of tthe ball up to that point... its almost as if after that he was just like okay im good ill just go about my job... never saw that explosiveness I expected...

Tell him to lay off the weed and he would be fine

He is fine whether or not he smokes weed or not(not saying he does). He is filthy rich, and has more money then we will ever make in our lifetime in the bank.

This was not an opinion this was a fact. His play has dropped over the last 2 years what else could it be from. He has a lot of bongs in his house.

Why kick a man when he is down. I don't remember him trashing the organization , city, or fans .

He didn't mind trashing a hooters girl on twitter.
OMG! I was just at hooters and this chick has maybe the flatware booty Iv ever had the displeasure of laying eyes on!! twitter.com/SedrickEllis1/…
— Sedrick Ellis (@SedrickEllis1) September 1, 2012

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I wonder if this chick thinks this is ok ...she needs help ASAP !! <a href="http://t.co/3FRD0oRR" title="http://twitter.com/SedrickEllis1/status/241982802818633730/photo/1">twitter.com/SedrickEllis1/&#8230;</a></p>&mdash; Sedrick Ellis (@SedrickEllis1) <a href="https://twitter.com/SedrickEllis1/status/241982802818633730">September 1, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I was excited when we got Ellis but he NEVER lived up to his pick. He's not a bad player but lets face it, when your are picked early you're supposed to be great. The FO drank the koolaid on that pick. Of course I didn't know any better either, but I'm not paid to know.

Can anyone think of one play Ellis made? You know how usually a play would stand out in your mind when you think of a certain guy? I can't think of one play Ellis made, good or bad. Like he wasn't even there.

That's weird. I can't think of another guy that has ever happened with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom