No one seems to be doing their homework re; Sports “Journalists” who condemned the play of Teddy B.<> (1 Viewer)

Let the preseason play out, then let the chips fall where they may. By so doing, you'll avoid eating a plate of a certain animal with black feathers.

:gosaints:

Last edited:
I feel like OP is having a conversation with theirself and they are both trying to get everything out before their next breath.

To the OP....Have you seen our local reporters these days? The other day our local reporters were tweeting out what some children were saying during training camp. Go and read the articles on nola.com. It looks like an extended twitter post. Reporters these days are lazy and lack ideas to intrigue their audiences.

Is total BS....young qb rising, playing well in a run dominant offense has a freak non contact injury that shatters his knee with a surgeon saying he was lucky it did not have to be amputated and most saying he would never play again.....and you actually have the audacity to say he is not trying to come back? Really? Pretty lame IMO.....

Drew Brees was actually good in 2004 & 2005. Teddy has never thrown more than 20 TDs in a season. Hell, he never thrown for more than 15 Tds. He hasn't done anything to validate a comeback. It's like drafting a rookie that gets injured. It's not called a comeback when you're not doing anything.

As a 2nd year player on a run dominant offense he threw for over 3200 yards at a 65% completion rate and yes, only 14 TD's...he also threw only 9 INT's....point is, I'm pretty convinced that is why Payton and Brees were interested in acquiring him, he has proven to be accurate and avoids turning it over...nobody is saying he will be Brees, I don't think anyone believes we will see another QB as good as Brees playing for the Saints in the future. Not impossible but very unlikely...

After one mistake? Really? Do you honestly think Coach Payton is as reactionary as a fan

Yes, there will always be fans that think this way...in fact one of them is the owner of the Skins!!!!!!!! How is that turning out?????

Bridgewater making a comeback? He has to comeback from something to call it a comeback. His claim to fame is a couple of bowl games in college. He hasn't done anything of note besides beating up on bad teams or bowl team that don't care.

Bridgewater was never that good. I'm tired of this delusional hive mind pretending Bridgewater is some passing stud. He is just a game manager at best. He isn't gonna win games and he would need an elite talented team around him. Also, then he gets to be paid out of principal.

It's a tired subject. We have the best scouting department in the league. Quit putting your eggs in this Teddy, and Hill only basket. WE CAN DRAFT A ROOKIE. And we have the draft capital to get the rookie that we want.

Thank you ? Enough is enough, Teddy B is no stud, he’s an average backup QB. Taysom has already progressed into a mini Steve Young. Payton says the same on YouTube. Argue with him if you want.

Thank you ? Enough is enough, Teddy B is no stud, he’s an average backup QB. Taysom has already progressed into a mini Steve Young. Payton says the same on YouTube. Argue with him if you want.
Taysom is in the same boat as Teddy. They both need to show consistency before I believe either one will be our longterm solution at Qb in the post Brees era.

I’ve read through most of the accounts from yesterdays 2nd pre-season game from the brilliantly comfortable and easy to become enamoured with, “Stub Hub”temporary HOME stadium for The L.A. Chargers ( soon to be replaced as their shared “Home Stadium” with The L.A. Rams and designed by some futuristic and completely confusingly structure, constructed as if a rendering inspired as if by some MC Escher-esque art student’s bad dream, costing the residents of Los Angeles roughly $2.6 BILLION) Then, a high % of these “so-called” sports writers were on Teddy B. and his lack-luster, devoid of enthusiasm or enthusiastic leadership! Seemingly as if none of them had taken the time to know Teddy had a really tough week during practice and then barely able to move in any sort of competitive way due to battling a virus or severe cold symptoms which prevented him from his vastly improved play; while Coach did the humane thing and pull Teddy and not simply due to poor play but to spare Teddy B ( who has made himself quite comfortable with his fellow teammates and his Coaches ) any injury while putting on his best game face in the throws of feeling awful and nowhere near his potential which was in full effect last week vs Minn. The reports from back home were that TB was ill and even so, this 4 game pre-season requires play and the fans are trying to ( along with all of the Coaches) evaluate just who will be on that 53 man roster) decipher just who is whom it will on that final 53 man roster. When all of the dust settles and plays are finally figured out as best as possible to assess; Coaches around the League are able to get us through the schedule with another NFC South Division Title and on to The BIG DANCE come early Feb.

My point is, today in The NFL , reporters should and actually in my overall opinion MUST, speak to the local booth guys for these 32 teams, OR use some better technique to get to the truth of the matter and AVOID simply using their own opinion from a few high or low-lights and not bother to get in there to find out who is playing , who is NOT playing and whom , if anyone , is playing hurt or what’s the deal for the upcoming game so that they won’t make it “appear” as if TB(or any other NFL Player) has lost something in the translation or truly “lost a step” or, in this case, the TRUTH of it was Teddy B. was ILL ALL WEEK and displayed real courage and was a strong example for the other players as being Target #1 to hit hard and often during a game where you are on the brink of puking your guts up ( sorry for the graphic nature of that description) during the game! While I was watching Teddy between possessions I never saw him get sick through the field glasses but he wasn’t his usual self as he sat next to Drew and it was pretty clear Drew wanted to help him out but from a safe distance so as not to become transferred ill himself! It was obvious to anyone who is familiar with Bridgewater and the strides he has made over the year and the camp thus far, that he wasn’t playing to his capacity and this illnesses was preventing that in a major way! Fact of business? It was the reason TB was pulled prior to the end of the first half and Tresom Hill inserted into the game when he was. All of those “reporters” who had written how poorly Bridgewater was and had played during his stint and wasn’t playing effectively? They had better hold their water until all of the FACTS ( something I doubt these writers know much about with so many players to keep track of) and I’m sure Coaches can’t even know what’s happening with All 90 of the players allowed to be in camp and ready. Those Coaches have to make decisions which will effect these players ( real human beings with lives, wives, children and in almost every regard, the moves and decisions these Coaches make will effect the lives of several hundred people of all races, creeds, religions and their families all the way down the line)! The simple TRUTH is bad enough but when Sports Writers are making assumptions which reflect upon a player’s future as everyone associated with The NFL reads most all of these stories and when they are NOT reported accurately? THAT is truly a SIN. Since their stories won’t be fact checked unless it becomes a critical decision for a team but that general opinion will continually float in the minds of those who are making the choices for teams and will most assuredly have an impact upon their perceptions and ultimately the futures of team, players and their families either for the good or their teams all the way to their own futures and how their futures will play out.

IMHO, Teddy Bridgewater has made an astounding comeback, has embraced one of if not THE most intricate of game plans, calling for a quick minded QB who has a valuable relationship with his own players, an instinctual and hard won relationship with their receivers to be able to compete on such a high level of effectiveness.It’s hard enough of a struggle without some hack journalist hammering out unreliable “news” or perceptions and even when it’s unintentional their words have the ability to continue to roll around in the minds of those making decisions and if you simply watched Teddy B. and his time spent in the game yesterday? Then, you read how poorly his impact on the team was and saw he had an INT. which was the result of a misplayed ball to be careened off of your own WR’s hands into the hands of the opponent’s? The whole scenario is set to appear as if Bridgewater hasn’t healed, nor learned his Teams’ skill set or who hasn’t evolved into one of the most prolific Offensive juggernaut’s skill player position! It’s a SHAM and a bunch of HOOOIE ! If you ask me and while I haven’t read ALL or EVERYONE’s writings regarding our game yesterday? The overall opinions are that Bridgewater had a very poor game-readiness which would reflect that he hadn’t prepared well enough of any of the factors which reflect negatively upon TB and his ability and desire. Which, IMHO, means that the poor research which never made mention of the fact that Teddy had to struggle just to make it into such a game only to be ridiculed by those who don’t know their knee from their elbow and pass judgements while not working with a full deck of information which would help them write a truthful and factual commentary.

Treysom Hill , while fully healthy didn’t really fire up the TEAM until a QB run was called and he performed his , what’s come to be expected of him, performance which propelled Our New Orleans SAINTS into a pre-season NFL WIN~! All of you reporters SHOULD have YOUR careers hanging on finding The TRUTH and have your own future be decided by getting your own facts straight and quit watching the highlights of games to report misinformation which just may cost that player a spot on the roster of a team, due to the un-truth you posted into the World without fact checking enough to KNOW what you are writing about! GOT IT? ‘NUFF SAID!” GLH (THE Uptown Ruler!) BTW; Treysom did come into the game and once a QB run was called? He lit it up as we’ve come to expect and hit several of his targets with supreme accuracy while missing a few of those real sweet open recievers as well.EVERYONE needs some game time play before a season yet IMHO, 4 Games is about TWO TOO MANY! To many opportunities for injury in games which SHOULD be scheduled in order for Coaches to make up their minds who to keep for the 53 man roster, whom to assign to the PS and to KNOW the value of those whom you must let go but to know who is still out there and ready to geaux should the need arise from injury depletion of teams around the League.
My goodness that’s a whole lotta words for a backup quarterback.
TLDR

TL;DR version

- MamaRoux isn't pleased with the Saints/Chargers preseason analysis and the sportswriters who provided aforementioned analysis.

- MamaRoux doesn't feel the end result of the new stadium in L.A. will be worth the money spent.

- Teddy didn't feel well this week.

- Teddy sucked it up, buttercup, but Payton mercifully pulled him in the second quarter.

- Reporters need to visit more often with the local broadcasters to seek information.

- MamaRoux feels the narrative is being spun that Teddy hasn't recovered from that knee injury and/or isn't grasping our offense, both of which are unfair and inaccurate.

- Drew likes Teddy and wants to help make him better, but kept his distance to avoid the cooties.

- Coaches have difficult decisions to make regarding the final rosters, since many lives are involved.

- Teddy has done well, but ****-poor sports reporting would lead you to believe otherwise.

- Treysom wasn't exactly setting the world on fire until they called a run play for him, which put him back in his element and resulted in better play.

- MamaRoux feels the number of preseason games should be cut in half.

- MamaRoux feels coaches need to think long and hard about who they cut, since injuries are part of the game and you never know who will later be needed.
Damn even the summary is TLDR

65% completion rate and yes, only 14 TD's...he also threw only 9 INT's....point is, I'm pretty convinced that is why Payton and Brees were interested in acquiring him, he has proven to be accurate and avoids turning it over

14 TD / 9 Int is not a ratio you would like in a QB. I keep asking the same question of TB fans. "What is it in his playing career that leads you to think there is a great QB hidden in there that neither he or his coaches seem to be able to find?"

14 TD / 9 Int is not a ratio you would like in a QB. I keep asking the same question of TB fans. "What is it in his playing career that leads you to think there is a great QB hidden in there that neither he or his coaches seem to be able to find?"

I am not one of those huge TB fans, but I just remember that Bridgewater looked poised and was progressing as the Vikings QB. I remember the Vikings being encouraged with his progress before his injury. Sometimes stats don't tell the entire story... nor does one or two bad games. But if we are looking at stats...

I remember Drew looking pretty terrible at times during his first 2 years as a starter in San Diego, too.

In 2001 he barely played, but in Drew's first two seasons as a starter:
2002, he had 17 TD's and 16, INT's with a 76.9 QB Rating.
2003, Drew digressed to 11TD's and 15 int's and finished with a 67.5 QBR.

Teddy's first two seasons as a starter before the knee injury looked like this:
2014, 14 TD's and 12 INT's with a 85.2 QBR
2015, 14 TD's and 9 INT's with a 88.7 QBR

Not that TB will ever be Drew Brees, but it really isn't fair to scoff at a QB like many are doing concerning TB over such a small sample size with the SAINTS. Or even to discount his potential. We just don't really know.

I see some qualities in Taysom Hill that lead me to believe that he may have a pretty bright future as a starter also. Time will tell.

Both of these guys are very intelligent, team oriented players with good leadership qualities, and they are learning from the master... which is big. I could easily see at least one of these QB's becoming a star. We just have to have something that is rare with fans in this age of immediate gratification and knee jerk reaction ... Patience!

Last edited:
Both of these guys are very intelligent, team oriented players with good leadership qualities, and they are learning from the master... which is big. I could easily see at least one of these QB's becoming a star. We just have to have something that is rare with fans in this age of immediate gratification and knee jerk reaction ... Patience!
Yes Patience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom