No one talking about Ozigbo (1 Viewer)

Brees09

Pro Bowl
Reaction score
Sorry if I didn't see a thread about this... It just seems like this guy is gaining 4 to 5 yards every time he get s a chance to run the ball. He has shown he can catch the ball out the back field. Kind of like a Pierre Thomas. Just does everything right. I think he has shown he should be the 3RB for this team.

motivation2k12

Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry if I didn't see a thread about this... It just seems like this guy is gaining 4 to 5 yards every time he get s a chance to run the ball. He has shown he can catch the ball out the back field. Kind of like a Pierre Thomas. Just does everything right. I think he has shown he should be the 3RB for this team.
That fumble may have hurt him. Washington may be the 3rd back

ANKOMA33

All-Pro
Reaction score
He played well but for whatever reason, that textbook hit and subsequent fumble sticks out.

Denzel had a perfect hit however Ozigbo gotta hold on to the rock. Sean P will come unglued when this happens .... especially when we are in the red zone.

But I agree, minus the miscue he had a very good game.

ANKOMA33

All-Pro
Reaction score
Washington also had a ball go through his hands. I'm not saying it was an easy catch for a RB, but it did happen. I think either would be a quality No. 3.

I do think Ozigbo has more upside than Washington.
True but Dwayne Washington had 2 special teams tackles on yesterday. That's big time.

Ozigbo has play lights next two p/s games to leap frog DW.

Trey W.

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I think Ozigbo has very good burst and vision. I really hope he makes the 53. He seemed to have decent hands also.

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I like him, too.

The fumble was inopportune but he got thumped pretty hard on a subsequent drive and held on to the ball, and overall, had a productive showing.

Good size, athleticism, and looks to have good vision finding holes and getting through defenders.

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wouldn't put him over Washington just yet. Washington is a Vet, hasn't fumbled yet, is better in short yardage, and plays on ST's. Though, It's arguable you could keep all 4 and a FB and be perfectly content. I do love Ozigbo's hands and would prefer he makes the team.

Joodas Avila

MillenniaMMA.com
Reaction score
That untimely fumble aside, to me, Ozigbo is a better RB than Washington and has a much higher ceiling as an offensive player. But that being said, we have AK and Murray in front of him on the depth chart. Dont know how big of a contribution he'd have year 1 if he does make the team. I think Ozigbo making the final cuts will depend on what the team wants in their RB3. Do they want a more diverse offensive based RB (Ozigbo), or do they want a more complete football player (D. Washington)? Though I believe Washington currently has more value as a STer, I would personally go w/Ozigbo. I can see him being groomed into a legit future RB2. Plus, If we cut him, I doubt we'll be able to sneak/stash him on the PS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WxM Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18

Headlines

Top Bottom