No one talking about Ozigbo (1 Viewer)

Wouldn't put him over Washington just yet. Washington is a Vet, hasn't fumbled yet, is better in short yardage, and plays on ST's. Though, It's arguable you could keep all 4 and a FB and be perfectly content. I do love Ozigbo's hands and would prefer he makes the team.

That fumble reminded me of one that Mark Ingram (who almost never looses the ball) had last year. It was the perfect hit and there is nothing to do about it. I don't think this will factor on the decision of it is him or Washington.

And as Brees09 wrote, for some reason he reminds me of Pierre Thomas, he is not strong or fast, but he glides to get the first down. I am impressed with him.

It is a close decision between him and Washington. To me, Washington has the edge since he is a veteran, and the staff may be tempted to hide Ozigbo in the practice squad.

I was really pumped to see what he could do in our offense, but I haven’t been all that impressed.

The fumble really left a bad taste in my mouth and he doesn’t strike me as having the best vision. If the hole isn’t there, and exactly where it should be, I don’t have much faith in him making a play.

We need that 4th Qtr closer like we had with Mike Bell. Washington has good vision and special team play, but Ozigbo has equally good vision and better "pop" in his play.
Ozigbo wont make it to the practice squad if we release him.

I can't talk about people whose names I can't pronounce.

See also: the Chargers "Uchenna Nwosu".

The fumble hurts, but it was equal parts bad luck and a great play by Perryman.

I also think Taysom misplayed that snap. He should have backstopped Ozigbo and shadowed his run. Instead he grew roots and could only watch as the fumble was lost. If he had chased Ozigbo, Hill may have had a shot at recovering the fumble.

While this is very true, what the hell was Perryman doing in the game in the 4th ??.. I mean I could be wrong, but isn't he a starter ??.. were the Chargers that concerned over taking an "L" that they put in their stud LB who just signed a massive contract ??.. that'd be like playing DD in the 4th... yikes!.. & for that matter, smh.. LoL!

NW.

My thoughts as well.

As it turns out, reporters asked coach Lynn about that post game and he stated that he wanted Denzell in there with the rookies to work off that "rust" coming off knee surgery & he felt he needed more reps to get caught up.

I don't see a thing in Washington or Rodgers that makes we think they can be a viable 3rd option... Washington has no juice to the outside, and very little burst inside, and Rodgers is a tiny 3rd down back with so so hands... I think Ozigbo has a great chance at beating them both out (if he can grasp the offense and blitz pickups)... and if he doesn't.... our 3rd option may not be on the team right now.

Positives:

*Great hands
*Good size
*Good quickness and burst
*Slippery
*Falls forward.
*Good vision
*Not a fumbler
*Bobby Can't say his name
*We have 2 Ziggys, Dallas only 1

Negatives:

*Doesn't play special teams. So teach him.

He does have good hands. Can catch the ball well. Seem like a good runner. Not too worry about the fumble. A blessing in disguise for him. More like a "welcome to the NFL". Now he knows.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom