No one talking about Ozigbo (3 Viewers)

I don't see a thing in Washington or Rodgers that makes we think they can be a viable 3rd option... Washington has no juice to the outside, and very little burst inside, and Rodgers is a tiny 3rd down back with so so hands... I think Ozigbo has a great chance at beating them both out (if he can grasp the offense and blitz pickups)... and if he doesn't.... our 3rd option may not be on the team right now.

if they are keeping three I go for Ozigbo, but if they are keeping four then Ozigbo will be the fourth back, but as you stated, Ozigbo looks more complete (specifically for what our offense does) than Washington and Rodgers (who they just kicking the tires on) where you see Ozigbo receiving skills, his shiftiness and quickness, he could be the second coming of PT in regard to a UDFA gem.

I ask myself who would our offense run better with if Kamara/RB1 went out the game. I think we are more explosive with Murray/Ozigbo than Murray/Washington.

If Murray/RB2 went out Id prefer Kamara/Ozigbo over Kamara/Washington.

exactly.. Ozigbo is much more impressive than Washington. If we try to hide him on PS he wont last. Washington can get released and would still be available if needed later
Didnt the Saints sign Washington after he was released in the cutdown from 90 to 53 by Detroit. It could well be that Ozigbo would get snatched if the Saints cut him.

Ozigbo has impressed more than the other UDFA RBs we've brought in over the past few seasons, but he's still behind Washington if you ask me. Personally though, I look for both to make the roster.

More than offense.
Who's the better pass protector?
Who's the better special teamer?
The answer to both of those questions, of course, is Washington.

I've said repeatedly that the bottom two or three spots appear completely up for grabs. I don't see the brutally tough cuts there as in years past. The 90 man is deep with plenty of guys who've played in the league, or have some potential. But precious few make me go, "Wow, we have to keep that guy." If the Saints in their much larger evaluation of Ozigbo, feel he is one of those, there's room for him and Washington. Otherwise, it's a trip to waivers and hopefully clear to the PS. I suspect that the last couple spots will go simply to those positions where we are a little more banged up than others.

Ozigbo has impressed more than the other UDFA RBs we've brought in over the past few seasons, but he's still behind Washington if you ask me. Personally though, I look for both to make the roster.

I don't see anything about Washington that makes him better (not saying you said he was better) than Ozigbo, I think tenure is why Washington is still #3 on the depth chart but Ozigbo is acending and I believe he could unseat Washington if we keep three tailbacks of not he wins the 4th spot.

Ozigbo shows quickness, speed, shiftiness and recieving ability, he fits perfectly in this offense.

I don't see anything about Washington that makes him better (not saying you said he was better) than Ozigbo, I think tenure is why Washington is still #3 on the depth chart but Ozigbo is acending and I believe he could unseat Washington if we keep three tailbacks of not he wins the 4th spot.

Ozigbo shows quickness, speed, shiftiness and recieving ability, he fits perfectly in this offense.

Payton has shown time and again that he will take experience over upside at certain positions.
RB is one of those positions.

Sorry if I didn't see a thread about this... It just seems like this guy is gaining 4 to 5 yards every time he get s a chance to run the ball. He has shown he can catch the ball out the back field. Kind of like a Pierre Thomas. Just does everything right. I think he has shown he should be the 3RB for this team.

Yea I love him and talk about him every chance I get.

He reminds me Soooo much of Mark! His ability to run with power and elusiveness is rare. Hes like 225 lbs and can run out of the Shotgun! That's so rare.

My Bold prediction this offseason was Ozigbo to get significant snaps by Mid Season.

I dont know if that will hold strictly bc Murray has looked pretty good but we will see. I'm sure he will get his opportunity if he keeps impressing

Payton has shown time and again that he will take experience over upside at certain positions.
RB is one of those positions.

Idk man, ST usually plays a factor but Ozigbo could be special.

It's not often you find a 225 lb RB who can run someone over or juke them, catch out of the backfield and run out of the Shotgun.

Heavier RB's usually struggle running out of the Shotgun but he thrives in it. Hes kind of a perfect fit for this offense.

I like Washington but his Vision is lackluster. He may have improved with that this offseason we just haven't been able to see enough to tell.

The answer to both of those questions, of course, is Washington.
I’m not so sure Washington is a great special teamer. I admit I haven’t watched him closely, but I did see him take a poor angle on the chargers punt return for a TD and chase the runner to the endzone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom