No one talking about SP ? (1 Viewer)

Sean Payton is a given. He is what he is. We will take it. People complain about his vanilla play calling, but truthfully, we are satisfied with our coach, even when there is a string of bad games. Nothing to talk about here.

I really wish we would have kept Nolan and promoted him to DC. But since we didn’t I hope DA is let go at the end of the year and we can bring in a DC that can actually coach a Defense and tweet game plans to adjust during the games.

What is there to say? He's one of the best coaches in the league and makes the most of out his players to include creating roles/positions to get talent on the field. He's caught in the position of when to move on from a legend that is still a talented player, although not the same talent as he was early in his career. These things always get messy in the end. Manning was messy in Indy, Favre was messy in GB, Brady messy in NE. We are lucky that our legends are on good terms, but in the other instances the teams all moved on from their legend before they were completely done. SP is trying to balance the process of the past, present and future and it's possible that all three QBs are on the roster for that transition.

So, do you have a coach in mind that would be better? I'll wait.

Has anyone ever considered his conservative play calling is a product of the player we have captaining the ship? SP is putting DB in the best position for DB to succeed. We can hate all the plays behind the LoS but whatelse is he supposed to do? Bench DB? If the play calling stayed conservative after a benching then I would be worried.

As far as Defenese, unfortunately that has never been SP expertise or play calling. He doesn't make those calls.

What is there to say? He's one of the best coaches in the league and makes the most of out his players to include creating roles/positions to get talent on the field. He's caught in the position of when to move on from a legend that is still a talented player, although not the same talent as he was early in his career. These things always get messy in the end. Manning was messy in Indy, Favre was messy in GB, Brady messy in NE. We are lucky that our legends are on good terms, but in the other instances the teams all moved on from their legend before they were completely done. SP is trying to balance the process of the past, present and future and it's possible that all three QBs are on the roster for that transition.

So, do you have a coach in mind that would be better? I'll wait.
Agree. Look at Mike Tomlin. Great relationship with owner much like Gayle has had with SP. So nothing will change. Just grin and bear it. If people really want to get rid of SP the Jets and Falcons will have a vacancy real soon. So be careful what you wish for

Has anyone ever considered his conservative play calling is a product of the player we have captaining the ship? SP is putting DB in the best position for DB to succeed. We can hate all the plays behind the LoS but whatelse is he supposed to do? Bench DB? If the play calling stayed conservative after a benching then I would be worried.

As far as Defenese, unfortunately that has never been SP expertise or play calling. He doesn't make those calls.

It seems like there is a very limited possibility of what he can call right now because of players limitation.

Agree. I think SP should let Ireland make the decision on the next DC. As you said, defense is just not SP's strength.

Sean Payton is a given. He is what he is. We will take it. People complain about his vanilla play calling, but truthfully, we are satisfied with our coach, even when there is a string of bad games. Nothing to talk about here.
Couldn't disagree more.

10 years of defensive issues. Multiple worst of all times. At best average but vulnerable to big plays an unable to close.

Sean Payton's track record building a defense and hiring coaches is abysmal. As good as his offenses have been, are as bad as his defenses have been and that has cancelled out the offensive stats.

There's an awful lot to talk about if you want to consider what the future will be with this kind of defense but no elite QB play to keep you in the game when you need 30+ to win.

37-11 over the last 3 seasons with an aging QB and nothing but Saints drafted talent at 90% of the skill positions. People forget we were robbed of a second trip to the SB just two seasons ago.
Yeah SP did that. He bad...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom