No one talking about SP ? (1 Viewer)

I really wish we would have kept Nolan and promoted him to DC. But since we didn’t I hope DA is let go at the end of the year and we can bring in a DC that can actually coach a Defense and tweet game plans to adjust during the games.
If he is Tweeting our game plans we are screwed!

Here is something I posted in the Raiders vs pats thread that seems relevant:

Just need to make a couple of observations:

Pats first 3 possessions:
3 and out.
3 and out.
First down by penalty but then 3 and out.
Cam throw a terrible interception.

Difference between us and them???

They are only down 3-0 after that horrible start. We would already be down by 3-4 touchdowns and the game would be over.

There are no passes by cam Newton over 5 yards. Mostly behind the LOS dump offs and screens. He pushed one down field about 12 yards. Other than that all short passes. He threw for a total of 162 yards.

Difference between us and them???

They run the foot ball. It works so they run it again, and again, and again until they finally score and score again. They ran for nearly 250. That's coaching, not player talent. The distance that the QB can throw it is really irrelevant.

The Pats D is not making anything easy for the Raiders. See the earlier notes about the first 4 possessions. They kept them in the game so the offense can recover.

The difference between us and them??

Honestly our defense is so bad that the offense again has to be perfect. People here are mad when the offense has to punt twice in one game. Other teams, good teams punt several times a game and they can recover from it.

I guess my point is that overall, they play defense and run the ball and beat the Raiders soundly. A total butt kicking. I am now of the opinion that we do not have a talent problem. We have a coaching problem.

My only complaints about Sean Payton are these:

1. He REFUSES to stick with the run with it's working.
2. And this relates to 1, he so concerned with being the smartest guy in the room, he takes the ball away from the hot hand, in attempt to utilize scores of formations. If they can't stop one formation, KEEP HITTING THEM WITH IT UNTIL THEY SHOW THAT THEY CAN. That's on them.
3. Going for 2 pts simply because there was a penalty on an XPA. TAKE THE FREAKING points. He has failed on the only attempts I've seen either because the play didn't work, or there was a penalty. Chasing points early, is gonna cost us. It's so frustrating.

In fact, those three things frustrate me and I find myself SMH whenever I notice this.

What is there to say? He's one of the best coaches in the league and makes the most of out his players to include creating roles/positions to get talent on the field. He's caught in the position of when to move on from a legend that is still a talented player, although not the same talent as he was early in his career. These things always get messy in the end. Manning was messy in Indy, Favre was messy in GB, Brady messy in NE. We are lucky that our legends are on good terms, but in the other instances the teams all moved on from their legend before they were completely done. SP is trying to balance the process of the past, present and future and it's possible that all three QBs are on the roster for that transition.

So, do you have a coach in mind that would be better? I'll wait.
Listen, I'm a big SP fan. But, as talented as this team is, Payton is blowing it with his obvious lack of understanding, respect, and patience for running the ball. As long as he refuses to commit to running the ball, opposing teams will continue to have an easier time preparing to stop the Saints. So, with that in mind, I say what about a reputable coach who does understand the importance of running the ball with commitment and is willing to exercise a degree patience that is absolutely required for the run game.

DB is aging...he is a dink and dunk QB
He will be better when MT returns, healthy

BUT...BUT.....the Saints D absolutely SUCKS
No pressure, CB and safeties getting outrun

And it is what it is....the D is playing scared due to fear of penalties

RG is grinning somewhere
You'll get all laughs from people who just refuse to admit they're beloved team is toast. My opinion is it'll be the same Saints team as the past 5 years. They will lose to a few teams they should stomp and they will win a few games against a few very good teams. Prolly win the NFC South and make the playoffs only to be bounced out early cause the secondary is horrible. Nothing has changed on this team, in fact as a whole, they've gotten worse. This ride is over.

You'll get all laughs from people who just refuse to admit they're beloved team is toast. My opinion is it'll be the same Saints team as the past 5 years. They will lose to a few teams they should stomp and they will win a few games against a few very good teams. Prolly win the NFC South and make the playoffs only to be bounced out early cause the secondary is horrible. Nothing has changed on this team, in fact as a whole, they've gotten worse. This ride is over.
I came to this realization game 2. It was a helluva ride these last few years but something is off with this team. It's like a sickness deep in the bones. Unfair officiating, crazy bounces of the balls, injuries, compounded with dumb coaching decisions, and players making inexplicable decisions on the field. It always feels like we are running in quicksand. This team was WAY to freaking talented to have played some of the games we have played. Like last year when the #1 seed was still in play, we let the hapless Falcons come in and lay the wood, punch is right in the mouth. Everyone just stood by looking dumbfounded. No one had the guts to say not on my watch a la Jon Vilma in the Miami game of our Championship Season.

I don't know when we will ever be a legit powerhouse threat again, but I'll tell you I am SO proud of how AK and DD have been playing. I just wish the rest of the team decided to join them on a consistent basis.

I agree w/ this and I've been trying to say it for the last two years. That's why I said if this team does get going it will be midseason (like always) and they will do the same thing they always do. It has been an endless cycle. They get into the playoffs and don't show up like the Minnesota game and you're like what the freak is going on. Was the goal just to make the playoffs and that's it???? Most people just get excited b/c they have won the divison and have been 13-3 last three years but really other than us, who cares and who remembers. Plus, how they have done it the last three years wasn't in the most "we're the best team on the field" way. We always have close games where it comes down to the last seconds on the clock, I can't remember the last game we played complementary football, we never run the ball to our fullest ability where a RB gets over 100 yds (which both Kamara and Murray could do), we never ulitize the game clock/our timeouts correctly and most if not all is on coach Payton to make better. He has not and until he does, it will continue to be the same cycle, we bounce out of the playoffs, 1st/2nd round ever year. Something needs to change and it needs to change now.
I don't know when we will ever be a legit powerhouse threat again, but I'll tell you I am SO proud of how AK and DD have been playing. I just wish the rest of the team decided to join them on a consistent basis.
THIS.

I agree w/ this and I've been trying to say it for the last two years. That's why I said if this team does get going it will be midseason (like always) and they will do the same thing they always do. It has been an endless cycle. They get into the playoffs and don't show up like the Minnesota game and you're like what the freak is going on. Was the goal just to make the playoffs and that's it???? Most people just get excited b/c they have won the divison and have been 13-3 last three years but really other than us, who cares and who remembers. Plus, how they have done it the last three years wasn't in the most "we're the best team on the field" way. We always have close games where it comes down to the last seconds on the clock, I can't remember the last game we played complementary football, we never run the ball to our fullest ability where a RB gets over 100 yds (which both Kamara and Murray could do), we never ulitize the game clock/our timeouts correctly and most if not all is on coach Payton to make better. He has not and until he does, it will continue to be the same cycle, we bounce out of the playoffs, 1st/2nd round ever year. Something needs to change and it needs to change now.

THIS.
Yep. Everybody wants to throw up NFC South champ stats and how many wins we have and all that and let's be honest we ARE lucky to have gotten those stats, but as good as this team has been for the past decade.........ONE SUPER BOWL. Other than that, a bunch of choke jobs and yes...one Super Bowl appearance robbed from them

Yep. Everybody wants to throw up NFC South champ stats and how many wins we have and all that and let's be honest we ARE lucky to have gotten those stats, but as good as this team has been for the past decade.........ONE SUPER BOWL. Other than that, a bunch of choke jobs and yes...one Super Bowl appearance robbed from them

It is extremely difficult to make it to a super bowl. The fact that SP got us there twice in 10 years says a lot. Of course I am counting the highway robbery from a couple of years ago.

But THIS season so far he is doing the worst job of his career.

I read something on another thread that the players don't care this year. I wonder would if that trickled upwards into the coaches?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom