A bit disappointed, but not ready to hit the panic button just yet
I really believe we can and will get better

We just lost to arguably the worst team in the NFL at home.

Panic is allowed today.
That would matter way more to me if we didn’t historically make bad teams look like world beaters even during our best years.

The defense really only gave up a handful of big plays that because of our lack of consistency on offense made the difference in the game, that needs to change this week. Then get into the bye and hopefully the yo-yo trash can finally stop.

I love the optimism. I do. But getting those guys back, you just know it's only a matter of time before some are reinjured. Wish they could stay healthy. But this team is arguably snake-bitten. I would love to see us have a winning season and make a deep playoff run but my goodness this team knows exactly how to disappoint us. And I will try to enjoy the season but man, disappointment is where this team, this organization lives. I am SO glad I got a chance to see us win a Lombardi before I shuffled off this mortal coil.

Im not panicking one bit.

The turd has already escaped and landed in the drawers.

I am not panicking. This can still be a good team and especially when some key players return from injury.

Coach Payton needs to do a self-scout though. He is making bad in game decisions and undermining his own QB room and now it is impacting the whole team.

I am not panicking. This can still be a good team and especially when some key players return from injury.

Coach Payton needs to do a self-scout though. He is making bad in game decisions and undermining his own QB room and now it is impacting the whole team.
I’m not panicking because one of two things is going to happen. Either we get better and make playoffs or bottom out and get high draft pick to either get QB of the future or trade down for extra picks. Even if we make playoffs this team is not making any kind of run. Think 2020 Washington Football team.

I’m not panicking.

There’s two possibilities.

1. Payton opens the offense up at least a little each week and see what we have in Winston. I think that would at least put us in the Wild Card conversation.

2. Payton continues to coach too conservative. The defense will bail us out occasionally but we will be hovering around .500 all year.

I think next week will tell us a lot about how this season will play out.

Word on the street is that you shouldn't count the Michael Thomas egg until it hatches.

I’m not panicking because one of two things is going to happen. Either we get better and make playoffs or bottom out and get high draft pick to either get QB of the future or trade down for extra picks. Even if we make playoffs this team is not making any kind of run. Think 2020 Washington Football team.
The QB we have was good enough to win today.

If you're counting on Michael Thomas to come back and light it up like he did in years past, I think you're delusional. He intentionally waited till the off season was over to get the surgery he could have had months earlier. And this after multiple "disagreements with the team/staff. I think his time as being productive is done.

And you expecting Tre'qusn Smith to come back and light it up may be naive as well. You're anticipating a breakout when the breakout season usually happens in their 2nd year, not their 3rd...

The big additions will be our linemen coming back. Having the protection for James on O, and more pass rush on D is what we're lacking.

The receivers we've got on the field have performed at least as well as anticipated, in my eyes.

If we call plays with more confidence in the team and less fear of failure, then we made have a pretty decent season. Once again, I really don’t want to think about our corners in the playoffs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom