No Pats franchised? (1 Viewer)

Darkhorse985

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Has the franchise tag deadline passed? Does anyone else find it surprising that Randy Moss was not tagged?

4:00 today. Samuels won't be tagged because they agreed not to.

Ok, I forgot about that stipulation with Samuel for a minute.

I will be shocked if they don's franchise Moss, But maybe they feel that he will give them the Pats discount so many others do even if he does hit the Market.

I will be shocked if they don's franchise Moss, But maybe they feel that he will give them the Pats discount so many others do even if he does hit the Market.

Yep, I think the Pats believe they have the inside track on re signing Moss. He had huge year in their Offense, he started to rehabilitate his "punk" image, and he didn't get his SB ring. It would make sense for Moss to re sign with the Pats. Is he smart enough to do it? Or will he drawn away by the lure of a huge FA payday? It should be fun to watch.

It says a lot about the Pats that despite being one of the best teams in the league for several years that they aren't using the franchise tag on any player......

Yep, I think the Pats believe they have the inside track on re signing Moss. He had huge year in their Offense, he started to rehabilitate his "punk" image, and he didn't get his SB ring. It would make sense for Moss to re sign with the Pats. Is he smart enough to do it? Or will he drawn away by the lure of a huge FA payday? It should be fun to watch.

It says a lot about the Pats that despite being one of the best teams in the league for several years that they aren't using the franchise tag on any player......

Nah, Moss has already got his payday. He wants a ring now. Theres no chance IMO he goes to another team like Oakland just to chase the money.

Nah, Moss has already got his payday. He wants a ring now. Theres no chance IMO he goes to another team like Oakland just to chase the money.

I don't think so either, he got a taste of winning (well he had that early on in Minny) But like many people who have instant success in anything I don't think he appreciated it until it was gone, well he has it back now. It took Mike Tice, and going to Oakland for him to really grasp how much losing really bites. I think he understands it much much better now because for half a decade it was gone for him.

I think the Pats will still franchise him tho, but they definatly have the inside track. But I can see a contender offering more to Moss prying him away. I mean they may as well use it on him just in case, rather than use it on no one. I think we will hear about him being tagged shortly just to not run the risk of losing him, and they can still bang out a longer term deal with him, ala Dalls Clark today. No chance because they don;t have any cap space at all but imagine the up roar if he did hit the market and go to say Indy,

Pats fans would lose it I think.

Moss in Black and Gold, opposite of Colston, Bush in the back field, Brees under center... Meachem would do a lot better than Welker and Welker had his best season. Oh MY!!! The Saints are coming.

And Moss has officially not been tagged if that 4pm deadline was in eastern time.
Will he hit the market?
They'd be crazy to let him, but hopefully he realises that:
He should be insulted that the Pats didn't franchise him

He doesn't have to be the featured guy to have a great year.

Favre, Manning, Brady, the 3 greatest QBs in the league, are all aging. If he wants his ring, he should look slightly further down the list to the younger guys. Palmer and Brees stick out. Palmer already has Housh and 85. He comes to New Orleans.
Sean Payton's head explodes.

Favre, Manning, Brady, the 3 greatest QBs in the league, are all aging. If he wants his ring, he should look slightly further down the list to the younger guys. Palmer and Brees stick out. Palmer already has Housh and 85. He comes to New Orleans.
Sean Payton's head explodes.

Brady is 30.
Brees is 29.

Well I was wrong I thought for sure they would franchise him, and I do believe the NFL head office is in New York so I'm pretty sure its EST deadline. Looks like Moss hits the market, they must have an inside track already. It just dosen't seem like a good business standpoint to me, I mean franchise him, than you can take you time hammering out a deal for him, rather than get into a bidding war. I still think he is franchised and its just not reported yet.

I guess you will see where his loyalties lie, with the Pats, or does he goes to a sub par team for another huge payday (and subsequently stops trying)

No way I offer a big deal to him unless I am one peice away.

I don't think the Pats can afford Randy Moss. To tag him or re-sign him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom