No real Pizzazz! (1 Viewer)

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
It may be just me but i'm telling you, there's just not that much excitement involved in this year's Superbowl for me or really for anyone for that matterl There are folks paid to talk this match-up up but I'm not buying it. More folks are talking about Our City and how much FUN being in New Orleans is!

Then, just happened to be watching NFLN featuring Joe Montana's top games and look, while some can make a case for a "kid" who had only started 8 or 9 games all you want to but there's no comparison to seeing the steely eyes of Joe Montana peering out from under that helmet knowing he was going to carve you up and break your heart (that is unless you put a LOT of $'s on the 9'er's back then, which I did, since we saw them so often I saw Joe and his guys beat us repeatedly and we had the best and most dangerous Defense, maybe EVER in NFL history.

So, the pundits and players and whomever can try to hype this game up as much as they want but this isn't the 9'er's of old and it sure isn't as exciting as SAINTS vs Peyton Manning's Colts!!!!!!!!

I'm cooking red beans today to tomorrow to show my Cally family how we do and I'm in charge of the Pool board, other than winning a few squares for a little money and eating some home-made tacos and burritos I could care less about this game because IMHO, this whole season should have an " * " assigned to it since The SAINTS were hamstrung by The League for the chance of hosting Our OWN SUPERBOWL! But that's just me.

What say you all? I'm pulling for the 9'er's because I'm sick of Ray Lewis and want to see him in tears with a loss as his last game and because I want the younger Bro to win and cause trouble in the Harbough family a little. Make Easter dinner uncomfortable for them. But in reality I don't care as long as The Yatican City keeps shining like a diamond for all of the media who have gushed over Our City ad infinitum........Keep on Rock'in Nawl'ins ! Keep on Rock'in!

New Orleans IS the fun, excitement, and pizazz of this Super Bowl. Sure, there are some underlying storylines, but This city MAKES the Super Bowl!

I'm excited for the city. By all accounts, New Orleans has absolutely done a wonderful job presenting itself to the NFL and all the media, teams, and fans that are visiting. The game itself....meh.

the game should be a good one. If kappernick stays hot then its the niners in a lopsided snoozer. hopefully there is some fourth quarter drama,some eli avoiding the sack david tyree amazing catch type stuff.

I'm really proud of New Orleans. We really should be only one of a handful of cities to ever host a Super Bowl imo.

I think many in the media would also agree with you. There has been nothing but great things being said about our venue for hosting the Superbowl. That would suit me fine.

REALLY? *** Dude? This game seems to bring nothing to the table and all forms of media are gushing over The Yatican City!

If THAT's a FAIL, I'll take it everytime New Orleans comes out the winner!
What variety of sour-puss are you anyway?

Just because you aren't interested in the game doesn't mean many other people are not fascinated by the brothers aspect, as well as the Ray Lewis final game aspect. Not to mention a traditional power potentially returning to the Championship circle. There is a great deal to be compelled by.

I'm excited for the city. By all accounts, New Orleans has absolutely done a wonderful job presenting itself to the NFL and all the media, teams, and fans that are visiting. The game itself....meh.

My thoughts exactly. I've teared up on more than one occasion over how much love our city has been getting this week.

This thread is the reason why everyone loves the Steelers, Cowboys, etc. especially the league. I remember people saying they wanted the Vikings vs Colts before the NFCCG because they were the "storied" franchises and Favre makes for a great story. You can find great stories within every organization. I just hope for a good game every year like its pretty much been the last 10. I don't wanna go back to the real snooze fests that were the 90s SBs...the teams don't really matter. (Except for the Saints and at other end: Failcons who are doing a good job of banning themselves)

I addressed all that need be thought about, two Bro's OK , I'm pulling for the younger to piss off the older one come Eater Dinner as one will be wearing a huge ring while older Bro, sits naked. Ray Lewis? Hope he curls up in the fetal position crying over losing after getting there and that butt ugly unis are never seen again until next year, then while I'm no huge Colin fan of only 9 games of experience, his backstory is compelling but I don't like either team no matter what. I'm pulling for my pool #'s to hit and be done with this season until Our SAINTS start gathering to plan for the coming season..........that and The Yatican making tons of $'s for hosting this party and so far the CLEAR WINNER will be New Orleans and that's how it should be!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom