No Reservation New Orleans (1 Viewer)

doctorj

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Travel Channel show No Reservations had a great show on last night about New Orleans restaurant industry post Katrina. The host Anthony Bourdain talks with Tom Fitzmorris, Chris Rose and the chef from Cochon. It was wonderful. If you missed it, I am sure it wil be re-aired sometime. Check it out. You will not be disappointed. Did anyone else watch it and if what did you think?

I watched it as well. I watch anything about NO because I miss it so much. I thought it was done well, it showed the destruction, as well as the rebuilding efforts going on.

Bourdain really gave a good amount of time for people to explain thier experience, and thier current situation. That "off the menu special" po-boy looked awesome!

Last edited:
That po-boy did look awesome! I checked the Travel Channel website, and it will be on again tonight at 7pm central time, to confirm what Brennan77 said.

I saw it last night and really enjoyed it. The summation the poboy guy gave at the end really echoed the thoughts I've tried to share with friends from other areas who seem to think everyone from NO is a bunch of welfare begging idiots who sponge off the nation looking for handouts in order to live along the great barrier reef known as the levee system.

Yeah. It was a great show. Bourdain always cracks me up.

Chris Rose always hits the nail on the head as well.

Looks like there may be another "No Reservations" New Orleans episode.

My sister and her friends saw Bourdain at Willie Mae's Scotch House yesterday (6/15/11). When their order came out, the cameraman asked them if he could film some shots of the fried chicken. :)

Did Tom Fitzmorris call it a "Poor-boy"...?

Is this the episode that's like three years old? Or are y'all talking about a new one that I missed?

check the date of the original post.

Remember that bugs bunny where one of the characters turns into a ******* and starts, like glowing or whatever?

That's me.

Edit - man a jack a es es is a legit animal. These filters are very aggressive.

Looks like that new "No Reservations" Louisiana episode is airing next Monday, August 29th.

Episode: Cajun Country
Tony travels beyond New Orleans and into Cajun Country to find out what sets bayou culture apart. He dines with locals Wendell Pierce and Lolis Elie, partakes in an authentic crawfish boil and ends his trip with a whole-hog roast.

Here's all the places he hit up during this episode:
http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Anthony_Bourdain/Episodes_Travel_Guides/ci.Cajun_Country.map

I saw the commercial for the new one last night while watching this past Monday's episode in Iraq, which by the way was very interesting, IMO.

Next Mondays ep. i the season finale from NOLA. Looking forward to seeing it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom