No respect for Saints offseason moves? (1 Viewer)

cant never predict what the saints are going to do so i will just sit back and hope 4 the best. good r bad i will be there cheering them on.

I have looked at every video on N.F.L Network and ESPN, as well as bought and read Proweekly draft guide and Lindy's draft guide .All of them also say that last year's draft was a bust. I don't feel that way. We got 2 guys that provide depth on the off line. As well as a good special teams guy in Melvin Mitchell, which is more then most teams can say, and I think Meachum will be good this season if he can stay healthy. No one is saying that the Saints have made themselves a better team. N.F.L Network has them as a top 15 team but losing to the Jags in the first round, basically calling them a mediocre team.So is it because I am a diehard Saints fan that I belive they have done a great job in freeagency.I feel with the additions they are back to being in the top 10 in Defence.with our Offence this team will be one of the elite this year . What do you guys think? :bandg:

it was a bust. we had the only first round draft choice that didnt see the field

Too early to say it was a bust overall.

In terms of the impact it had on our 2007, yet - it was a bust. Nobody really in that draft class that we couldn't live without. Unlike 2006, we didn't have any impact players come out of the draft.

That being said, Meech may light it up this year, UY is still developing (CB is not a position that often has immediate impact.) The OL guys will develop.

The jury is still out.

Too early to say it was a bust overall.

In terms of the impact it had on our 2007, yet - it was a bust. Nobody really in that draft class that we couldn't live without. Unlike 2006, we didn't have any impact players come out of the draft.

That being said, Meech may light it up this year, UY is still developing (CB is not a position that often has immediate impact.) The OL guys will develop.

The jury is still out.

Last year's draft, judged as of today, was a complete bust. If Young or one of the young OLmen step in at some point and perform, the '07 draft could yet blossom to plain old bad. 3 or 4 years from now, if Young and Alleman are Pro-bowlers, we can pat Peyton et al on the back. Until then, its the loud sound of balloons hitting needles.

We signed two broken (currently) linebackers, a backup CB and a backup DE. Why do you expect the national media to rant and rave over these moves? Maybe the Saints have made themselves better in the process, but I wouldn't expect anyone to assume that based on our signings alone.

I haven't heard anyone bash the moves, so that's good enough for me. The media always loves to report the negatives, so that's a good sign that they haven't ripped the team apart yet.

Last year's draft, judged as of today, was a complete bust. If Young or one of the young OLmen step in at some point and perform, the '07 draft could yet blossom to plain old bad. 3 or 4 years from now, if Young and Alleman are Pro-bowlers, we can pat P<b>a</b>yton et al on the back. Until then, its the loud sound of balloons hitting needles.

fixt

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom