No-sf grades: Pff (1 Viewer)

oldJC.SAINTS

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
for those who care

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-no-sf-grades-drew-brees-earns-game-high-grade-in-saints-win/

''
Early blunders nearly surrender lead

The most memorable factor taken from the defensive performance of the Saints came from busted coverages. The New Orleans defense likely gave the impression that 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick had revived his career. Even in the second half when the Saints held their opponent to three points, most of the credit would fall upon the abysmal play by the 49ers’ offense. Saints SS Kenny Vaccaro was torched for 133 receiving yards on seven targets – 70 of which were collected by TE Vance McDonald
''

Byrd's best all-around game? I can't recall a better one. He looked comfortable and competent . . . even good at times (despite another missed open-field tackle or two).

Byrd's best all-around game? I can't recall a better one. He looked comfortable and competent . . . even good at times (despite another missed open-field tackle or two).

Funny, I thought last game was his best

Dare I say he might be completely healthy and looks much better when not trying to cover for weak corner play? He may yet earn some of that contract, we may get some of that ballhawk from Buffalo if he continues to improve.

I think Byrd is another guy who actually benefited from being benched. Since the SD game, he's come back and played pretty well.

I saw Byrd try to make a tackle and fall backwards yet again. how many times have we seen him do that :idunno:

If they're saying Kenny gave up that many yards, I'm gonna assume theyre making the assumption that it was his assignments that kept being blown.

I saw him make a few first down saving tackles, and two of them were him vs the ball carrier.

I agree with their assessment of Kaepernick. Any idiot can make a ten-yard throw to a wide open receiver who runs another 60 yards for a score. It takes almost no skill on the part of the QB. Any time he had to make a throw involving skill, especially as the game wore on, he failed. It was the most unimpressive 400-yard game I have ever seen. Shame on the Saints for blowing so many coverages. Good thing they created so many turnovers; that's very rare.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom