No Spiller revenge game Sunday (released by Seahawks - edited) (1 Viewer)

This is just baffling, not the releases, but what has happened to Spiller that got him to this point? I keep thinking back to the long TD pass in OT last season. He looked like he was gonna turn the corner after that, then we waited, and waited and ???

There has to be something pretty unusual to explain it. Confuses the heck out of me.

I would love to have him back if whatever that issue is is resolved. But the coaches know what's up I guess.

Here we go. Can't embed...screw you NFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asrYG0SEzVY

So sweet to beat Dallas in OT, lol. I'll always love Spiller for that play, Brees' 400th TD pass too.

Could it be even possible that Spiller really has nothing left and The Saints FO was correct in releasing him?

He looked like he had plenty left in preseason. I suspect that he was having trouble with Seattle's offense, just like he had trouble with our offense.

Seattle signed him only because they wanted intel on the Saints offense ..IMHO.

Released veterans rarely succeed elsewhere and FA signings are a 50:50 proposition at best. Our management has been on par with the rest of the league recently. We just went all in 5 years ago in restructuring contracts, won a SB, and came up a little short in the next couple seasons (bountygate hurt). Now we have a lot of dead cap and all mistakes are amplified.

Drew Brees I think outlasted our expected window and now we look silly but trying to maximize his years from 28-33 seems pretty reasonable.

dude, can you please tone down the reason and logic.

but wait, wasnt the problem that he couldnt learn the playbook? where is a good velociraptor meme when i need one...
Yeah when you're cheating on a test you don't look over the shoulder of the dumbest kid in class.

Sometimes, guys just don't have it in them to keep playing ball. He might be ok physically, but maybe his heart just isn't in it.

He can't go more than a couple of bursts on that knee before it starts to swell up. We were sold a lemon. Payton knew it pretty soon into training camp last season. That's why he was in Pensacola with a cast on a few weeks before our first game. Whoever was responsible for his physical should have been fired for failing.....JMO

Would be pretty awesome if SP picked him back up to pick his brain about their offense. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom