No Spiller revenge game Sunday (released by Seahawks - edited) (1 Viewer)

Didn't see that coming. What is up with that guy? He looked fast and making cuts again in preseason. I thought it was a conflict of a personal nature with the Saints, but there may be more to it. :idunno:

Shows how much Seattle knows! They just lost themselves a 200 yard rushing day to go along with Jimmy Grahams 250 yards receiving! Hahahahahahhaah Suckers!!!

tenor.gif

I really wish this guy had worked out. He is the prototypical Payton offense type of back and he seemed to have his burst back.

I wonder if we will ever know exactly what happened between him and the team.

Man, that "Spiller scored a touchdown" thread would be a goldmine of fun right about now...

I really wish this guy had worked out. He is the prototypical Payton offense type of back and he seemed to have his burst back.

I wonder if we will ever know exactly what happened between him and the team.

Hey, you never know...

(Sept 14th) More importantly, the head coach indicated Spiller returning to the team is not out of the question.

"I think he's going to have an opportunity, sooner than later, with another club," Payton said. "And yet, the window I know in this building or this club is not permanently closed."

Sean Payton explains decision to release RB C.J. Spiller | NOLA.com

Could it be even possible that Spiller really has nothing left and The Saints FO was correct in releasing him?

Released veterans rarely succeed elsewhere and FA signings are a 50:50 proposition at best. Our management has been on par with the rest of the league recently. We just went all in 5 years ago in restructuring contracts, won a SB, and came up a little short in the next couple seasons (bountygate hurt). Now we have a lot of dead cap and all mistakes are amplified.

Drew Brees I think outlasted our expected window and now we look silly but trying to maximize his years from 28-33 seems pretty reasonable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom