No steaks for you! (1 Viewer)

But you left out this important part.

Both Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods have commissioned studies by academics or third parties that compare how their plant-based burgers or sausages stack up to beef or pork products.

In the 60s, the oil companies commissioned studies(meaning paid for them) as well by academics and even paraded them out in-front of congress claiming that lead in gasoline wasn't harmful to people.

I wouldn't put much stock in commissioned studies by for profit companies claiming their products are fine.
Skepticism is a good thing for any of those studies but I’d be a little surprised if it was found that Michigan didn’t hold a higher standard than was held back then. More likely it was a relative safe bet what the studies would find and therefore a safe investment

It's all very similar to smear campaigns against clean energy. Sure, maybe things aren't perfect, but the push-back on even trying? Why??? Idgi.

But you left out this important part.

Both Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods have commissioned studies by academics or third parties that compare how their plant-based burgers or sausages stack up to beef or pork products.

In the 60s, the oil companies commissioned studies(meaning paid for them) as well by academics and even paraded them out in-front of congress claiming that lead in gasoline wasn't harmful to people.

I wouldn't put much stock in commissioned studies by for profit companies claiming their products are fine.
Always -- ALWAYS -- look at the origin of the study.

It's all very similar to smear campaigns against clean energy. Sure, maybe things aren't perfect, but the push-back on even trying? Why??? Idgi.
My knee jerk issue is the people making the loudest talking points always make it sound so easy. Just go plug it in. Done.

But they don't talk about having the fullest understanding of where that energy inside that receptacle comes from. Or how much of an extra drain on the grid comes when we're ALL plugging in our electric cars. And lots of other questions.

I'm not saying I advocate not trying, I am saying I'm likening it to the person that doesn't think about where the food in the grocery store came from.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom