No steaks for you! (2 Viewers)

hello-mr.gif

Come on Dago, learn to format already. lol. This has nothing to do with trousers. :)

They are behind the glass and the WF employee boxes it up for you. You don’t get to just grab pizza on your own.
Ah, yeah, if you're ordering the ones behind the window, it's point and hope it's what it looks like. I don't think I've ever done the individual slices tho. I always buy the whole pizzas and use the order sheet they have.

Their pizzas are decent enough, but I actually like other typical pizza chain pizzas just as much if not more than WF.

Ah, yeah, if you're ordering the ones behind the window, it's point and hope it's what it looks like. I don't think I've ever done the individual slices tho. I always buy the whole pizzas and use the order sheet they have.

Their pizzas are decent enough, but I actually like other typical pizza chain pizzas just as much if not more than WF.
It’s not really somewhere I’d go for pizza. I was there at the hot bar looking for something to eat in a hurry. The pizza looked good. The non-vegan one was decent. The vegan one was 🤢

It’s not really somewhere I’d go for pizza. I was there at the hot bar looking for something to eat in a hurry. The pizza looked good. The non-vegan one was decent. The vegan one was 🤢
Yeah, there are some combinations I really like, but sometimes they don't have all of the ingredients, so I end up looking elsewhere more lately.

Don't get me started on cucumbers and how when I inadvertently eat one I taste it all night and I didn't particularly enjoy it when I first ate it.
Sorry I am late on the cucumber thing but I feel your pain. If you cut the seeds out your chances of living with that bite will greatly improve. And please don't buy those wax covered baseball bats they sell. Get the English cucs, skinny and wrapped in plastic. No wax, thinner skin and small seeds. I now enjoy cucs.

So apparently there is some question about the environmental benefits of these meat substitutes over the real things

The problem, critics say, is that neither Beyond Meat nor Impossible Foods discloses the amount of greenhouse gas emissions from its operations, supply chains or consumer waste. They also do not disclose the effects of their operations on forests or how much water they use.

By some estimates, the agriculture industry produces one-third of the world’s greenhouse gases linked to human activity, is a primary driver of deforestation and uses as much as 70% of the world’s fresh water supply.

So apparently there is some question about the environmental benefits of these meat substitutes over the real things

The problem, critics say, is that neither Beyond Meat nor Impossible Foods discloses the amount of greenhouse gas emissions from its operations, supply chains or consumer waste. They also do not disclose the effects of their operations on forests or how much water they use.

By some estimates, the agriculture industry produces one-third of the world’s greenhouse gases linked to human activity, is a primary driver of deforestation and uses as much as 70% of the world’s fresh water supply.
Sure, but the same article:

A 2018 study by researchers at the University of Michigan concluded that a quarter-pound Beyond Burger generated 90% less greenhouse gas emissions than its beef burger equivalent.

Sure, but the same article:

A 2018 study by researchers at the University of Michigan concluded that a quarter-pound Beyond Burger generated 90% less greenhouse gas emissions than its beef burger equivalent.
But you left out this important part.

Both Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods have commissioned studies by academics or third parties that compare how their plant-based burgers or sausages stack up to beef or pork products.

In the 60s, the oil companies commissioned studies(meaning paid for them) as well by academics and even paraded them out in-front of congress claiming that lead in gasoline wasn't harmful to people.

I wouldn't put much stock in commissioned studies by for profit companies claiming their products are fine.

But you left out this important part.

Both Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods have commissioned studies by academics or third parties that compare how their plant-based burgers or sausages stack up to beef or pork products.

In the 60s, the oil companies commissioned studies(meaning paid for them) as well by academics and even paraded them out in-front of congress claiming that lead in gasoline wasn't harmful to people.

I wouldn't put much stock in commissioned studies by for profit companies claiming their products are fine.
Unless offsetting is built in - industrialization will produce greenhouse gasses
Comparing fake meat production to real meat production is comparing a bushel of oranges to an orange grove

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom