No steaks for you! (1 Viewer)

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
quote-i-eat-meat-because-meat-tastes-like-murder-and-murder-tastes-pretty-dam-good-denis-leary-42-19-70.jpg

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So do we need to fart more in order to keep out real beef?
I’m just gonna argue that we should keep status quo until they can show that we are gaining something in place of our steaks. They say it will be a treat. It’s already a treat. Eating steak every day wouldn’t be healthy even if I could afford it. id still like to be able to afford it occasionally though.

OP

SaintInBucLand

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
This is a truly depressing thread. I remember a thread we had early on in Covid about whether it was passing or was it the way of the new world. It just feels like we are in for a really long period of rough going.

It's not really covid doing it... There are many people out there who want to eliminate consumption of meat that comes from cows because of the environmental impact they cause.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I said nothing about cow farts. Just artificial meat making me fart. Nobody wants to fart.
Yet we all do. Farts are all about timing. Dutch ovens vs bubbles in the tub vs when doing a presentation in front of 50 people.

Of course, cropdusting in the store is an art form.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's not really covid doing it... There are many people out there who want to eliminate consumption of meat that comes from cows because of the environmental impact they cause.
Yea I didn’t mean to make it sound like they are connected. It’s just too much Lately.

prices will rise and only the rich habits will go unchanged. Speaking of, I am always baffled at the number of people that will order steak every time and yet eat just a couple of bites of it.

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
While I do like a good beef steak when I'm out to dinner at home we almost exclusively eat venison steaks. I have about 15 pounds of steaks in there now and deer season just got rolling good here. By this time next month we should have another 100 pounds or more of venison in the freezer.

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
There is always vegan meat alternatives. You will love it!
Sure, if you want to give yourself cancer eating some of the most over-processed crap imaginable. Not to mention all the soy, which has been shown to be a trigger for breast cancer in both men and women.

donato

Regal Beagle V.I.P.
Reaction score
Sure, if you want to give yourself cancer eating some of the most over-processed crap imaginable. Not to mention all the soy, which has been shown to be a trigger for breast cancer in both men and women.

QUOTE:

Studies show that a lifelong diet rich in soy foods reduces the risk of breast cancer in women. This protective effect is less dramatic for women who eat less soy or who start eating soy later in life. Soy contains protein, isoflavones and fiber, all of which provide health benefits.

It was once thought that soy foods increase the risk of breast cancer. However, eating a moderate amount of soy foods does not increase risk of breast cancer — or other types of cancer. A moderate amount is one to two servings a day of whole-soy foods, such as tofu, soy milk and edamame.

donato

Regal Beagle V.I.P.
Reaction score
Furthermore, not all substitutes even contain soy. The only brand mentioned in the thread, Beyond, doesn't contain soy.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom