No steaks for you! (1 Viewer)

I don’t like how they claim to be something they are not. I recently have been seeing this commercial for some sort of vegan egg product. YOU ARE NOT AN EGG SO STOP CALLING YOURSELF THAT! you’re a plant based breakfast patty.
Yeah, it makes me very vigilant to make sure I know I'm eating what I THINK I'm eating.

I'm a meat eater, but my wife is not. I make sacrifices sometimes. I'm the cook in the family and I've made excellent meatball poboys and a killer shepherd's pie with Beyond Meat that I would challenge anyone to taste. Maybe not CaptitalCitySaint with her 'affliction', but anyone else.
Having to share meals -- or even when I try to fast -- makes it hard. Like if we go out to eat, restaurants don't like when you sit there without eating.

I think food prices are going to rise. I also think many people will start raising their on food again and farmers markets will come back

My butchers prices have really changed much. I don't shop at just one store. I literally go to a butcher, have for years. Would be nice to see the butcher market gain some traction. I like that I know where my meat is coming from (local farmers) it is typically raised with no unnecessary drugs etc.

My butchers prices have really changed much. I don't shop at just one store. I literally go to a butcher, have for years. Would be nice to see the butcher market gain some traction. I like that I know where my meat is coming from (local farmers) it is typically raised with no unnecessary drugs etc.
Yes, I started selling some of my steers after I processed them last year. It's really taken off this year. I had to turn people away because I ran out. I'm planning on 14 steers to be processed next year the other 20 will go to the auction. I like it because I make more money and my customers save a lot of money. Also they know there are no steroids or other chemicals in their meat.

Yes, I started selling some of my steers after I processed them last year. It's really taken off this year. I had to turn people away because I ran out. I'm planning on 14 steers to be processed next year the other 20 will go to the auction. I like it because I make more money and my customers save a lot of money. Also they know there are no steroids or other chemicals in their meat.
I have a buddy that does hogs as well. Feeds them on a lot of milk, bread etc. He makes big bucks on them.

Don't take my meat away.
:hihi:

... but seriously... when I was 7? my mom decided to follow Krishna. One day, I come home from school, sit at the dinner table, and placed in front of me is a plate of what I can only describe as boiled leaves. I turn to my mom and innocently ask "mommy, where is my meat?" My mom says "we are vegetarians now". I started wailing, calling for my dad - who didn't live with us at the time..

:hihi:

... but seriously... when I was 7? my mom decided to follow Krishna. One day, I come home from school, sit at the dinner table, and placed in front of me is a plate of what I can only describe as boiled leaves. I turn to my mom and innocently ask "mommy, where is my meat?" My mom says "we are vegetarians now". I started wailing, calling for my dad - who didn't live with us at the time..
Ouch, I feel your pain. :hihi:

One of my kids is a vegetarian now and it's aggravating because I never know what to cook for her. Usually she'll either eat the sides or make/order something herself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom