No steaks for you! (1 Viewer)

Was this the same history with the domesticating grains idea?
Domestication of crops/grains is pretty much the same theory that this led to social/economic inequality. The haves and have nots. Neil Degrasse Tyson actually talks about this quite a bit on various shows and podcasts about how he believes the domestication of crops/grains is a large contributing factor to inequality.

So, in a nutshell, one of the effects of climate change is that it could render certain species extinct which generally people look at as a bad thing, so we're going to combat that by trying to render a certain species extinct?

So, in a nutshell, one of the effects of climate change is that it could render certain species extinct which generally people look at as a bad thing, so we're going to combat that by trying to render a certain species extinct?

alonzo-mourning-realization.gif

Do you find hunting cows difficult?
True story. Was in Pearl River hunting with some friends. The dogs were pushing a deer from north to south. I see a large brown patch of fur, dogs were all white and brown and black, but I didn't fire, it was big. A buddy of mine about 25 yards south of me fires 3 times and dropped a wild cow... We still tell that story when I see him. I'd say hunting a cow on a farm would be extremely easy. Personally I walk up to it and fire a round from my ruger .454 right between the eyes. Fairly positive it would be dead and I'd be messy.

True story. Was in Pearl River hunting with some friends. The dogs were pushing a deer from north to south. I see a large brown patch of fur, dogs were all white and brown and black, but I didn't fire, it was big. A buddy of mine about 25 yards south of me fires 3 times and dropped a wild cow... We still tell that story when I see him. I'd say hunting a cow on a farm would be extremely easy. Personally I walk up to it and fire a round from my ruger .454 right between the eyes. Fairly positive it would be dead and I'd be messy.
I was hiking in Colorado on my Dad's property up on a mountainside. I was carrying a firearm just in case I came across a bear or something that might try and kill me. As I was making my way through to a clearing, I hear the bushes start to rattle and this big brown thing comes stumbling out. I lifted the firearm up and was ready to fire at what I was sure was a bear charging me--turned out it was a cow that had gotten away from the grazing herd.

I was hiking in Colorado on my Dad's property up on a mountainside. I was carrying a firearm just in case I came across a bear or something that might try and kill me. As I was making my way through to a clearing, I hear the bushes start to rattle and this big brown thing comes stumbling out. I lifted the firearm up and was ready to fire at what I was sure was a bear charging me--turned out it was a cow that had gotten away from the grazing herd.

What if we created giant indoor farms for the cows and then trapped the farts which would be used to power the entire facility?
I had this idea over a decade ago but why can't we make super huge sunglasses for the Earth that are in space between us and the sun? I understand that it needs to travel like a satellite with many course corrections and we need to prevent damage from space debris but we can lower the temperature on the planet doing this idea so that I won't have to suffer sweating in Nola like I do.

Completely agree. Made a Beyond burger for lunch. Delicious! I'd still like a meat burger every now and then, but I'd be fine having 90% of my burgers/beef not being real meat (still want a nice filet mignon a couple times a year...also I haven't yet tried to substitute real meat in meatballs for spaghetti). It's really strange to me so many people are frightened by such an idea. If it tastes just as good or almost as good, wouldn't it be great to not have to kill animals while also being at least a little bit healthier?

Meat consumption is becoming unsustainable for many reasons.

There's a nice casual look at it on the Netflix program, Explained:

It's not healthier for you to eat these fake meats so that's my objection. Once they make it healthy AND it tastes just like meat while being at a fair price is when they can take my money.

Same thing with vegan hamburgers. You forfeit the name hamburger or burger when you don’t use meat. You should not even be allowed to use the word meat in the title or conversation. It’s a veggie sandwich!
I understand some of what you're saying but push back against vegan burgers? It tells you the form that the vegan is taking, in this case burgers. The fact that vegan comes before it tells you that it's not a real burger so why the backlash against that part? Makes no sense to me. Turkey bacon? Not real bacon. I don't need them to create a new name for what they are trying to do which is provide a substitute for the real thing. The contradictory name tells me everything I need to know.

Was it a wild cow?

I understand some of what you're saying but push back against vegan burgers? It tells you the form that the vegan is taking, in this case burgers. The fact that vegan comes before it tells you that it's not a real burger so why the backlash against that part? Makes no sense to me. Turkey bacon? Not real bacon. I don't need them to create a new name for what they are trying to do which is provide a substitute for the real thing. The contradictory name tells me everything I need to know.

How is turkey bacon not real bacon?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom